Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean Thread

I got the update last night. No problems with the download or installation. Afterwards everything was running much smoother than it had been and the pad is much more stable than it had been. No lock ups or restarts in two hours of constant use. I hadn't been able to say that before jelly bean. It made it much more pleasurable to use.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Flash is still in my apps and working just fine with Firefox... that's a huge plus

I didn't think it could be smoother than it was. Love it!

JB Download and installtion were problem free. Amazing how much faster everything is. One problem I had with ICS, I was hoping JB would clear up, but no luck. When using stock browser, it just goes away completely, back to the home screen. I never know when it will suddenly happen. Anyone else have this issue?

I installed jelly bean last night on my TF700T everything is GREAT. Man it is smooth and very responsive!!!!! :-)

factory reset after JB update really works got screen lock back etc.

You asked how the sweet Jelly Bean tasted in my TF700T, so now I reply: Yum yum yum. Although I did have an issue the first time I tried downloading the sweetness of Jelly Bean--the tablet would get to 99% then stay there. WTF I wondered. So I tried again and it worked without a hitch the 2nd time.

Though what did scare me when I first fired up the tablet with its new Jelly Bean goodness was when I first came across Google Now. Sure it told me the weather, but it also told me when the next three buses were leaving from the bus stop closest to me. This. Seems. Creepy. Google's stalking me? Hopefully not, but it sure opened up my eyes about what the folks in Mountain View know about me.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Do u lose or have to re-install all ur apps when u do a factory reset on the Infinity with JB?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Though what did scare me when I first fired up the tablet with its new Jelly Bean goodness was when I first came across Google Now. Sure it told me the weather, but it also told me when the next three buses were leaving from the bus stop closest to me. This. Seems. Creepy. Google's stalking me? Hopefully not, but it sure opened up my eyes about what the folks in Mountain View know about me.

If you think that's creepy, that's just tracking where your device goes each day, Target can predict when people are pregnant (sometimes before the woman knows it) based upon the purchases on your Target card and sends you coupons for baby stuff.

---------- Post Merged at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gene588 View Post
    Do u lose or have to re-install all ur apps when u do a factory reset on the Infinity with JB?
    Yes you will lose them, except the ones that came with your device preloaded. You will have to log in to google play and it will automatically download them and update them, some apps/games/widgets that are not compatible with JB you will lose. That`s what happened to me, no biggie.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Finally got this installed. I didn't know the ota would not cone if you're unlocked . Did the update manuallyand it worked like a charm.

So far jelly bean is everything I hoped it would be. :thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by uofmike View Post
    Target can predict when people are pregnant (sometimes before the woman knows it) based upon the purchases on your Target card and sends you coupons for baby stuff.
    That's a bit of an exaggeration. They can predict when a woman is pregnant before she tells anyone (like her father) based on purchases, but not before she knows it. The only reason that Target suspects that the shopper is expecting is because the shopper is buying things that women who know they are pregnant need, like pre-natal vitamins, unscented lotions, etc.

Still no update! I'm getting tired of hitting the check update button every 2 seconds.

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

what happened to browser sync. I thought that i was going crazy that my bookmarks weren't there. it then remember that i didn't see a browser sync option under my Google account i went back to double check and sure enough it wasn't there but its on my galaxy nexus. hope they get this fixed quick

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brian2177b View Post
    Still no update! I'm getting tired of hitting the check update button every 2 seconds.
    Is your infinity unlocked? If it is you won't get the ota update. You'll have to install it manually.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Do you lose any of the data saved by the apps that have to be reinstalled? What about photos and movies from the play store? Thanks for answering a newbie question.
    Last edited by coastal creature; 10-06-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by coastal creature View Post
    Do you lose any of the data saved by the apps that have to be reinstalled? What about photos and movies from the play store? Thanks for answering a newbie question.
    No. You shouldn't lose any data or photos. I don't know about movies, but I'd be very surprised if you lost those either.
    Thanked by:

Mine runs like crap. Its using 75% of my ram not like before it only used 25%. I did a complete wipe back to factory after install but it didnt help. anybody got any ideas...?
    Sent from my brain using my GSIII

Installed JB on ASUS Pad tf700 with no hitches. But when I try to change wallpaper using other apps (Quickpic) the I alwaysend up with the stock default (the tree). What am I doing wrong/not doing?

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    what happened to browser sync. I thought that i was going crazy that my bookmarks weren't there. it then remember that i didn't see a browser sync option under my Google account i went back to double check and sure enough it wasn't there but its on my galaxy nexus. hope they get this fixed quick

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    Looking at your pics, One has Chrome listed as an option, the other has Browser. I'm not a transformer owner so forgive me if this is ignorance, could they be the same?
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]

Is it just me, or is there no portrait mode for the home screen with jelly bean?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,932 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by C.K400 View Post
    Mine runs like crap. Its using 75% of my ram not like before it only used 25%. I did a complete wipe back to factory after install but it didnt help. anybody got any ideas...?
    Be more specific please.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

hi, i just got my tablet transformer infinity tf700t model number and it asked me to update to 4.0.3 but no update for jelly bean? why is this?

You probably need to update it to the firmware update before it'll let you upgrade to jelly Bean.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Just got mine yesterday. Just let it run for a bit. I got my notification to update after about half an hour.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast