Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes

Red face Re: Jelly Bean Thread

Maybe think before you post... she was qualifying her question as dumb, not yours. Insecure much?

In fact, her`s wasnt dumb at all...I was thinking the same thing myself. Just a person trying to be modest, but good job making yourself out to be a stereotypical IT ******...

Default Re: Jelly Bean Thread

Motorola Photon 4G to JB. If only.....

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I just purchased the Infinity TF700. It did not come with Jelly Bean and I have not received the notice to upgrade, nor can I get it when checking for firmware updates. Is there any other way to get the upgrade or must I wait until it is sent? Thanks.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Make sure you were at the most up-to-date firmware before JB (I think it was .26 but I could be wrong) if it isn't on that, go to ASUS' website and download the newest one they have available to a SD card and you should see a notification on the bottom of your tablet saying you have software update available. Update to the version you downloaded and then check to see if JB is available in the firmware updates... I'm not sure if that will help/work, but it's what I'd do until ASUS has it posted on their website for manual install (if they haven't already)
    Thanked by:
    drjlee 

the touchscreen is acting a little goofy after updating the firmware to jellybean. is it my machine or are others having the same problems

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

I had a 700 that I had to return to Best Buy. Before I returned it I downloaded JB and all went well. Very straight forward. Now I received my new 700 and it there have been no System Updates. How can I now get JB on my new 700. PS - i did see the other message however I couldnt find anywhere on the web page to download it. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    the touchscreen is acting a little goofy after updating the firmware to jellybean. is it my machine or are others having the same problems
    Mine is acting up a little bit too.

any known fixes? it's highly frustrating and i'm about ready to trash it and go get an ipad
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    I had a 700 that I had to return to Best Buy. Before I returned it I downloaded JB and all went well. Very straight forward. Now I received my new 700 and it there have been no System Updates. How can I now get JB on my new 700. PS - i did see the other message however I couldnt find anywhere on the web page to download it. Any help would be appreciated.
    asus.com > support > downloads > type in TF700t > firmware

I updated the firmware today in the settings>about tablet>firmware updates

Got the update and it installed on TF700T, but now the tablet is hung at the ASUS screen with the spinning circle. It's been a couple hours. I don't know wt happen.
    Plz Guide.

i'd just like to thank uofmike for actually providing an answer (or at the very least making a good-faith effort) to mandi's question. i appreciate that people pursue answers to their questions in a variety of ways, from posting on message boards to using google. and while easy answers are often available, sometimes those answers are expressed in the same impenetrable technobabble that put off our hypothetical OP in the first place. sure, you could easily find an explanation of Wi-Fi Direct, but will it answer your question and, more importantly, will it be packaged as the easily accessible analogy uofmike used? he manages to communicate in two sentences the vital information which Wikipedia, for example, obscures with multiple paragraphs and 16 sources. at least it's an actual question instead of the nearly ubiquitous "how doez i haxxors?!!1!" a little slack: cut people some why not?

I got my auto upgrade yesterday to jelly bean. Wi-fi direct is gone. It used to be under Settings, More Settings. Now it's gone. Wonder why they chose to remove this new technology.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234