Jelly Bean Thread

uofmike

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
With news that the 700 will be getting JB today or tomorrow, I think we should have a thread where people can post any questions or issues that they are having. Let's hope it's extra buttery and delicious.

bibitteski

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I keep seeing that WiFi Direct will be removed in this update. Is this only for the TF201 or does it apply to the TF700 also?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

uofmike

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
think of WiFi Direct as bluetooth, except it's over your WiFi so you can connect from much longer distances. It allows you to connect a phone to a tablet or other devices that have the technology available (computer, printer, etc). I'm not sure if it's removed for this update or not though

Edit: I'm pretty sure that's what it is at least, I've never actually gotten to use it

bibitteski

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Think of it as an improved Airplay when Miracast in tacked on to wifi direct.

Another technology that needs to be mastered by the person that qualified me as dumb in a previous post

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Dumb question.... What's wifi direct?

Before qualifying a question as dumb....

I don't believe that was Mandi's intention. "Dumb question" here is meant more as a "forgive my ignorance, but what's WiFi Direct?", and not calling your original question dumb.

Can be easily misunderstood especially if there are differences in your native languages or whatnot, but I'm sure Mandi meant no harm.

bibitteski

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You're probably right. I'll give Mandi the benefit of the doubt on this one.All this could have been avoided by Googling "WiFi Direct"

Sorry Mandi....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
What! I bought it last night to test out the update today and now the postpone it? I'm getting ready to switch to ipad if I have another issue with an Andriod Tablet. (Rant Over, disregard what was just said as I have just been very stressed lately.)

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
What! I bought it last night to test out the update today and now the postpone it? I'm getting ready to switch to ipad if I have another issue with an Andriod Tablet. (Rant Over, disregard what was just said as I have just been very stressed lately.)

Haha over react much?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Would you prefer they give you an incomplete update? Or one with errors? They can't forsee everything that may happen.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Curtis A

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

After you update it to Jelly Bean, you should sell it and then buy another tablet on the eve of the Key Lime Pie release :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I agree and understand completely. I just read the posts about the delay at a high point of my day. I really hope it is stable as Im really starting to like this compared to the Galaxy note 10.1 I just returned. What a terrible screen that thing has!

Curtis A

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree and understand completely. I just read the posts about the delay at a high point of my day. I really hope it is stable as Im really starting to like this compared to the Galaxy note 10.1 I just returned. What a terrible screen that thing has!

Although I've only played with my wife's 700 a few times, I find it more responsive than my N7. I bring this up because I am attributing the unresponsive issues to Jelly Bean (pure speculation) and not N7 hardware. It will be interesting to see if the tf700 has similar issues after the upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995