TF700 Vs TF300

StudDroid

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello I was wandering what would be a better tablet overall. I have enough for either, but I can't decide if the TF700 is worth the extra $150. I know the 700 has gorilla glass FullHD display, better processor etc. Is it just really worth it? All help would be appreciated.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's really just the display. The processors aren't really that different from a performance perspective.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Adalyss

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Was thinking about this for myself. I have a Samsung Gtab 10.1 and every bit of processor speed helps. You don't want to regret not having the best of the best in my opinion.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
GPU is the same. The infinity has a slightly faster CPU, though. People that have had both said the TF300 feels faster. That's probably due to the increased resolution.

If you're using it mostly for gaming I'd get the 300. If you're going to watch a lot of movies and videos then get the infinity.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The big difference from what i can tell is the wifi reception. The 700 has that plastic strip across the top to increase wifi reception.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

petefromphilly

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I put my hands on both and ended up going for the 700. The build quality is better (I even found the key dock for the 700 to be sturdier, with less give when typing), the display is better, with the ips+ being really nice for outdoor use, and the gorilla glass is a nice bonus, making me feel a little more confident that it won't get scratched. So far, I'm super satisfied with the device. Try, if possible, to put both in your hands.

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
700 has a better camera if that's important to you as well. WiFi is better. One other thing to consider is that you'll probably be using the tablet for the next few years, so we don't know what might become available as far as apps, etc. so having the later technology of the 700 might make the difference between being able to use it further into the future. Just my two cents.

Mikea1111

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes but the 300 has a plastic back, no metal anywhere.

My view is that the extra resolution onthe 700 is not worth it. If you use your tablet outside then maybe the extra brightness on the 700 is worth the extra cost.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

ccgx

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
My view is that the extra resolution onthe 700 is not worth it. If you use your tablet outside then maybe the extra brightness on the 700 is worth the extra cost.

Did you compare them? Even after just setting up my 700, I started seeing pixels on my old tf101 (which got the same resolution as the 300). The bump in pixel density is really see-able. The high-res display of the 700 is worth it. Couldnt go back to lower resolution displays...

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
700 has gorilla glass 2 vs. gorilla glass on 300
700 has improved WiFi over 300
700 has higher resolution than the 300

If these things are important, then the $100 price difference is most likely worth it. And you will have the later technology ready for whatever may come along next, since we would expect both ASUS and developers to support the later products longer into the future, i.e the 300 may be left out at some point before the 700, but this is a minor consideration actually.
It's really about personal preferences and how you intend to use it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet