Google Now voice/microphone levels
So I got my Jelly Bean update yesterday and I am enjoying the Google Now cards, but I cannot get it to recognize my voice requests. When I press the microphone icon, it turns red and I get the "Speak Now" prompt for a few seconds. Then it times out and returns no results. I can be YELLING directly at any of the microphone ports and it does not recognize my voice. If I take a video, it picks up audio just fine. When I look in Settings | Language & Input | Speech | Voice Search, I have a language (Default - English US) selected and downloaded. During the "Speak Now" prompt, it does seem to recognize finger snaps close to the microphone, but not my voice. Any clues what is going on? Is there a hidden microphone volume setting that I haven't found?
- 10-09-2012, 08:41 AM #2
- 35 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Now voice/microphone levels
Having same mic problem here as well after the update. Expect there will be a fix included in the next one. At least I sure hope so.
On one hand it's great to see Asus provide Jelly Bean relatively quickly, on the other it's a challenge to be ahead of the curve as they work some of the kinks out.
BTW there's no menu or settings for the mic.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
- By bryanlakatos in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 4Last Post: 02-16-2013, 02:03 PM
- By draftpeppin in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 6Last Post: 09-23-2012, 07:37 PM
- By Therefore in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 7Last Post: 09-09-2012, 03:13 PM
- By dalvik in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 1Last Post: 07-16-2012, 02:41 AM
- By Biopsidy in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 8Last Post: 07-06-2012, 01:11 PM