Does the keyboard charge the tablet or how does the battery work?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just want to be clear on something... when I connect my keyboard to my tablet, does the keyboard then charge the tablet while I'm using it? Two both batteries drain simultaneously? Or am I using the keyboard's battery first? Just not clear on this one.

Thanks!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

flyhighx

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard will acutally charge the tablet. Don't quote me on the specific numbers but the keyboard will let the tablet battery drain to 70% and then start to charge the tablet. If the tablet is already below 70%, charging will start immediately. I guess this is done so there is not a constant drain. It actually works out exceptionally well. If you start with two fully charged units and keep them connected, the keyboard will drain first, leaving you with a fully charged tablet to continue on with. If your tablet is low on battery, instead of plugging it into it's charger, you can click it into the keyboard. I've found this to be especially usefull while on the road.

Bony chan

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I wanna ask... When my dock battery is 0%, does it do anything to tablet's battery? I mean, if I charge the tablet too often, the battery is gonna be worse... so is it safe when the dock is 0%?
Thanks! :confused:

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I wanna ask... When my dock battery is 0%, does it do anything to tablet's battery? I mean, if I charge the tablet too often, the battery is gonna be worse... so is it safe when the dock is 0%?
Thanks! :confused:

The answer is no, it won't do any harm to your battery. Also, the days when batteries would not take a full charge if you didn't completely drain them, are over. Used to be that way, but thankfully technology improved.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I've found that my tablet can get down to about 75%, and if it's docked in the keyboard and the keyboard still has some charge left, then the keyboard will start to charge the tablet. I usually dock the tablet overnight and if I see that the keyboard is low, I'll charge it separately, but I normally find that they drain down pretty well together, and I usually charge them together, i.e. turn off the tablet after I connect the tablet to the keyboard and connect the charger to the keyboard, so they charge at the same time.