Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default looking for gps suggestions

Looking for some ideas as to what GPS app everyone is using.

Thanks....

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default Re: looking for gps suggestions

Personally I've settled on CoPilot Live Premium USA, and this is after trying a bunch of different apps. Huge advantage for me is that it downloads all maps to your device, so you're not dependent on WiFi or cell/hotspot connections. You have a choice of downloading "local maps" i.e. 2-4 states, or downloading the entire US and Canada, and you can switch maps out as you choose. There are regular updates to both the maps and the app. Yep, you've got to pay for it, but you can use it (as I do) on my 700, my Nexus 7, and my GNex. Navigation has been quite accurate (better than my Garmin dedicated unit) and there are a ton of options not present in standalone GPS units. Full download of entire US and Canada is around 2Gb, individual "areas" seem to be around 200-400 Mb.

The free app, Polaris Navigation System, is very accurate and has an excellent waypoint compass and trail management. I personally like the customizations which include an option to toggle compass control from magnetic to gps. I use it hiking in the mountains all the time- haven't gotten lost yet! Here's the link and a screen shot:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...arisnavigation

I have been using Waze, another free app. It has a quirky interface but gives you real time feed back on traffic situations due to its social networking style. Like it a lot....

I use a app it is called AutoPiliot, it cost me 9.99

The reason it is so good is because it allows you do download the maps for the entire USA or just certain regions.
    Has good POI database and you can access offline and it does all the routing without internet after you download the map pack you require.
    It is really easy to use and I love it. Best 10$ I have spent. I use this app a lot because I drive for a living and this helps out when I am running around the country.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

I've also been using CoPilot Live Premium USA. It seems like the best one out there and have had no problems with it at all. I've been very pleased with the purchase.