TF700T now won't turn on.

skywolfbristol

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I have had my TF701t for 10 months, and this coma mode has occurred at least 15 times.

If you do not wish to waste your money returning this to ASUS (it would appear that the ASUS designers are unable to resolve this issue, as I have heard it afflicts almost all models of Android Transformer pads), then the only option is to do a cold boot of the laptop. From what I understand, this was reasonably easy on older models, but somewhat more of a black art with the TF701t.

There are two methods that I have utilised, but both require you to leave the tablet powered off for an hour or so (exact time probably needs a little more testing)

Method 1 - Purchase a microHDMI to HDMI cable, plug the TF701t into a TV or monitor with HDMI cable input, then carefully use the screen/keyboard to unlock, then shutdown (not reboot) the device. Then leave for a good length of time before rebooting.

Method 2 - With the keyboard attached and lid closed, open the the device. Hold in the power button for 3 seconds. Press the [Down] button once. Press [Enter]. Press the
button once. Press [Enter] - The device should now be shut down, so leave for an hour or so.

I find method 1 to be more reliable, as method 2 sometimes fails if the tablet remembers a previous down key command, so may be more hit and miss, but it can be done.

Finally, I will never buy an ASUS tablet again, as though the device is otherwise a very good piece of kit, this regular procedure becomes a little irritating for me. There is nothing wrong with the screen, merely that it's display functionality is prone to coma mode (the touch functionality still works, hence why method 1 of the workaround can work)

Skywolf​

Last edited:

SwimGrace

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issues, where I did not use the tablet for a while. It was not plugged in, so discharged. I started the tablet and it came on for a second and shutdown. I would not start up after plugging in the charger.

I searched for a solution and what worked for me was to follow the folling instructions. The key being that the tablet is unplugged when pressing the power button:

"With your tablet unplugged, press and hold the Power button for around 30 seconds. Then place your tablet on the charger (preferably the home charger) and wait a couple minutes. Then press and hold the power button for around 30 seconds again"

After this , I finally got a orange light next to the power button, and it charged up!

jfvm

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I had same issue a few weeks ago. I actually sent the tablet to Asus for evaluation and they came back with an outrageous cost for repair $370 for a supposedly a new mother board. I asked it for return and got it back. I did a search on same issue and one thing gave me an idea. Exhaust the battery by pushing the turn on button until it vibrates and by releasing it. I pushed it down for almost 30 or 40 times -several times!!- and suddenly I got the tablet back on!!! I could not believe it... and ASUS said I needed a new Motherboard!!!.. So you could try this steps several times, do it until you get the tablet to wake up from deep-sleep-mode, or you get the tablet's battery exhausted and then recharge it

Do not waste time with ASUS support, they appear they don't know what they are doing, as I clearly got the wrong answer and an estimate that was not right for something that was not broken. Bad support after all... I like the tablet, but I probably won't by any ASUS product any longer.

Cookie Fudge

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Mine is stuck in black screen :( I tried to wipe data(factory reset) but it shows read triangle with exclamation. Is that considered dead Android? The tablet charges but all of a sudden it won't turn off and stuck in black screen :( It worries me if it will overheat or something coz it won't shut down unless it's low battery. Really frustrating, please help! :(

mgrankin

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have the same problem. I let the battery get low and when I charged it up again, it would vibrate twice and would not boot up. following some of the tips here, I am able to get a image when i hook up the HDMI cable to a monitor. I am able tomove around in the tablet but have not figured out how to get the image to return to the tablet screen. Anyone have any suggestions?? I tried to do a hard rreset and have not been able to do it . can t find anything small enough to fit the reset hole..lol and can not get into the recovery/reset mode by pressing the up/down volume whlle powering on ;'(

help!!

Janet Lacour

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
Now I have this same problem.

Been trying hard resets with volume up key and power button, it only vibrates. It's as if the screen has no signal, as if its ribbon is disconnected or something.

I was just using it, maybe for a half hour or so, settings were normal, no high brightness or super ips, just using it casually, battery was over 70%. I left it for a few minutes, screen went off (as usual), but it never turned back on when I tried simply tapping /pressing the power button. That's when I started doing hard resets but it still doesn't want to display anything.

While in the dock or with only the power cord, the tablet's charging led comes on.

Tried hard resetting with power connected, without power connected, in the dock, out of the dock, in each and every way, the tablet only gives that short vibration for restarting but never shows the Asus splash screen and displays its booted up.

I'm letting it charge until I have green led and ill try again.

Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon