Asus Transformer Infinty TF700 dock has been discontinued??

comp-time

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I just saw a post on another forum that the Infinity 700 dock has been discontinued. I have been waiting to order on Amazon. The price keeps going up and it is out of stock and has been for a while. I checked it out and sure enough B&H shows discontinued and clicking on discontinued brings up a box that says the dock has been discontinued by the manufacturer. [This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available.]
Here is copy of other post.
"Well, I was planning my purchase of Infinity + Dock. But over the last few days, the grey dock has been listed as "Discontinued" at B&H!"

ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 Keyboard TF700T-DOCK-GR B&H

Has anyone else heard about this?

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Didn't see it as 'discontinued' at B&H, but they didn't show the gray available, but they still show the Champagne Gold for $149, the same price as always.. Best Buy still shows both also for $149. Best Buy has the gray in stock at stores, but the gold is online only as far as I have found. May be a returned item in gold at some store?

comp-time

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Didn't see it as 'discontinued' at B&H, but they didn't show the gray available, but they still show the Champagne Gold for $149, the same price as always.. Best Buy still shows both also for $149. Best Buy has the gray in stock at stores, but the gold is online only as far as I have found. May be a returned item in gold at some store?

Click on link above link in blue and it will take you to B&H page that shows discontinued. I am hesitant to buy the Infinity if the keyboard dock is being discontinued because that is the whole idea behind the transformer. I was waiting for Amazon to get the keyboard dock in stock to order. Also Tiger Direct and Newegg do not even list the keyboard dock as being available.

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure where you're looking, but Tiger Direct has it for $149 in stock (I went to Tablets>Asus> then did a search for "Asus docking station") and it's on page three. Also, Amazon lists it as in stock for $143.49. Both sites offer the gray color.

comp-time

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I do not mean to be argumentative, but I think Tiger Direct only shows the TF300 dock for $149.00. The Amazon TF700 dock that is shown is not sold by Amazon but is from a 3rd party vender. Amazon is temporarily out of stock for what they sell. I prefer to only buy items that are sold and shipped by Amazon because of their return policy and good customer service that I have experienced in the past. My comments were meant to be about the TF700T doc being discontinued, not its current availability. I was merely trying to indicate that there may be some truth to the rumor as it appears there is not much stock of the TF700 dock left for retailers to sell. Some websites that have them are charging $30.00 over retail plus shipping.

Anyway, Amazon dropped the price on the Transformer Infinity TF700T to $469.99 yesterday afternoon so I went ahead and ordered one. I will wait on the dock hoping that Amazon will get some in at a good price. If not, I will have to see what I can find elsewhere.

One thought is that Asus might be releasing a revised dock soon with proper numbers that show it is the official TF700T keyboard doc. I sure hope so.

comp-time

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I just found this on the Amazon site and a few blogs. Maybe this is what started the rumor that the TF700 Keyboard Dock is discontinued.

"The TF500 Mobile Dock is the newest version of the TF201/TF700 Mobile Dock. The TF500 dock incorporates subtle revisions intended to enhance compatibility with future devices, but is otherwise identical to the TF700 dock.”

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
As I said, on Tiger Direct site go to Tablets, then filter for Asus, then type in 'asus docking station". When the results come up, scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the link for the other pages, then go to page three (3). It's the last item. TF700T for $149.99. AS for the Amazon site, you're correct that it is sold by Adorama. But I have heard and read that they are a reputable company. Good luck with your tablet.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
AS for the Amazon site, you're correct that it is sold by Adorama. But I have heard and read that they are a reputable company. Good luck with your tablet.

You are correct. When 700 came out, I ordered for my wife & myself, as well as the docks from them (Adorama, and not through Amazon). Asus lists Adorama as an authorized seller on Asus's Site, and furthermore, if I'm not mistaken and remember correctly, Adorama was maybe the first retailer we saw that had it available (I think for pre order).
They have great customer service and at the time the dock was $135 (something like that), while other sites had them at $150.
That was the first time I ordered from them and I'm definitely going to consider them as an option for my next future purchase.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

comp-time

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
The old adage “you snooze you lose” is sure true. Most sites are now out of stock except for Best Buy which is an option. Amazon’s site now lists the dock at $159 from a 3rd party. I wonder what is going on? I just cannot believe that Asus is discontinuing the TF700T dock, it is still featured on the Asus product site. I was hoping to pick one up for around $130.00. I missed the $128.00 that Amazon had recently. I just do not know if I should snag one off of Best Buy or hold out longer for a better deal or maybe an updated version of the dock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37