Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    just got the update via OTA. Haven't had time to notice any differences yet. Any one update? Have thoughts?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    just getting it now....
  3. #3  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,896 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,083 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Screenshots please. :-)
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Wow. Just checked and it's there! What does this update provide?

    Sent from my awesome Asus Infinity T700 using Tapatalk HD!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Not sure this will be helpful. It appears whatever changes are under the hood so to speak. I haven't noticed much difference. My tablet seems a bit zipper, keyboard appears to have lost the slight lag.Anyone know if we can find a change log anywhere?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    WOW! more horsepower lol
  7. #7  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,896 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,083 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    can someone post a screenshot of the about screen with the new firmware version please? don't forget to blur out personally indentifying information.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Just got the update an hour ago.
    I think things seem a bit smoother, and if my eyes have me correct, I think the icons are a bit larger (or am I imagining??)

    I was on Skype when the update was rolling out so the camera crashed and the other person lost video but still heard me. The back video is fine but I dont know if its with my tablet or not but the front camera is blacking out. I only see black and a bunch of straight lines. Anyone have that problem?? Please, check your front and back camera and let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    i too feel it is snappier, and so far typing all this up, ZERO keyboard lag!! :-D

    looks like wifi, bluetooth, kernal and build numbers have been updated:


    wifi
    ------------------
    was: v7.0.2.24
    is now: v7.0.2.62


    bluetooth
    ------------------
    was: v10.31
    is now: v10.33


    kernal
    -------------------
    was: 3.1.10, android@Uranus)), #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 12 11:50:00 CST 2012
    is now: 3.1.10, android@Ceres)), #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 26 18:00:07 CST 2012


    build number
    -------------------
    was: JRO03C.US_epad-10.4.4.18-20121012
    is now: JRO03C.US_epad-10.4.4.20-20121026




    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
    עם ישראל חי
  10. #10  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by greenmd09 View Post
    The back video is fine but I dont know if its with my tablet or not but the front camera is blacking out. I only see black and a bunch of straight lines. Anyone have that problem?? Please, check your front and back camera and let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    both my cameras are working
    (but i didnt check through skype, did via native camera app)

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
    עם ישראל חי
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by greenmd09 View Post
    Just got the update an hour ago.
    I think things seem a bit smoother, and if my eyes have me correct, I think the icons are a bit larger (or am I imagining??)

    I was on Skype when the update was rolling out so the camera crashed and the other person lost video but still heard me. The back video is fine but I dont know if its with my tablet or not but the front camera is blacking out. I only see black and a bunch of straight lines. Anyone have that problem?? Please, check your front and back camera and let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My cameras both work fine. I don't understand, it just automatically updated? My tablet just gave me a notification and I chose to update. I even went to play store first and made sure all my apps were up to date. And did a cold boot before installing. Is this a preference, to have it auto update?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    This is what we have been waiting for guys. Major boost and no more lags! It is a completely different experience. Saved me some time cause I was planning a root this weekend :-) So fr no issues.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
  13. #13  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Just got my update. Definitely snapier performance. Even page rendering on Firefox and Chrome seems a lot better. Hope the performance holds up.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Hi all,
    I am new here, and I like to update my firmware on the Infinity TF700t but cannot find it?
    I am getting my New Infinity TF700t tomorrow and very excited and wish to have it up to date and if anyone
    that has any info that I need to know it will be much appreciated.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy2013 View Post
    Hi all,
    I am new here, and I like to update my firmware on the Infinity TF700t but cannot find it?
    I am getting my New Infinity TF700t tomorrow and very excited and wish to have it up to date and if anyone
    that has any info that I need to know it will be much appreciated.
    When on your home screen, tap the top right icon to bring up the app drawer
    Then search for app called Settings and tap that
    When in Settings, scroll all the way down on the left until you see About Tablet, tap that
    Then tap System Update, this forces the tablet to search for the update, hit check or search
    Hope that helps.



    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
    עם ישראל חי
  16. #16  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    how do i transfer movies and music from my usb to the internal storage

    Also, is it normal when your charging the tablet (Not the keyboard ) that it fires up and charges
    without putting it on?
    Last edited by Buddy2013; 11-17-2012 at 02:13 AM.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Buddy, you should be able to simply copy files from your USB drive simply by copy and paying the files in the file manager. I recommend getting ASTRO file manager from the play stole for extra goodies like drive and drop box support.

    Every android device I've ever owned has woken up when the charger was connected.It's totally normal.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    i realize this is a little late, but i did the update when it released and noticed no problems for the most part, however recently ive begun to notice some things out of whack. the only issues im having are minor and nothing to do with lag or shut offs or anything like that, the clock in the bottom right shows the complete wrong time, right now it is showing 5:55 when it is actually 12:40 and i havent been able to fix. the other issue i am having is inside the youtube app, when i first launch the app it works fine, but if i click on a video to watch and decide i want to search for something else, clicking in the search bar and trying to type is impossible. as soon as i start to type the cursor highlights one of the featured videos and does not let me type at all unless i exit the app or go back to the main page, any ideas?
  19. #19  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Strange!
    I really wish I knew what to tell you besides a factory reset.
    Any new clock apps recently installed taking control over?
    Are you on a newer/older version of YouTube?

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
    עם ישראל חי
  20. #20  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Have the Asus Transformer Infinity 700.

    A few questions that maybe yo guys/gals can help me with.
    Still waiting for the new update so I can at least get to use Flipboard on the tablet.
    I bought my daughter the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 7" v2. After using it Ilook at the asus and wonder why it is slower, interface sucks and very laggy in performance mode.
    Not sure how to root the device but I went with the tablet because I have the Asus G73s Laptp and it blows everything away. Everything else in the house is Samsung, While being a noob when it comes to tablets I am constantly in a battle whether to keep it or ebay it and get a samsung.... I love the specs, but hope it is in the setup, not the hardware issues.

    Anyone willing to help please send me an email to and reply to this thread,
    Help me believe in Asus again!

    Thanks,
    Christian
    Last edited by cole2kb; 01-31-2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: e-mail removed by moderator
  21. #21  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Have you updated to Jelly Bean/latest update? Could you be more specific about why you say it's slower.........slower doing what? Why does the interface suck, since it's pretty much like any Android tablet. "Laggy" in perofrmance. What exactly are you comparing? I'm not being sarcastic here, just trying to get specifics so maybe can offer some help, suggestion, etc.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: new firmware update 10.4.4.20

    Quote Originally Posted by andersonitalian View Post
    Have the Asus Transformer Infinity 700.

    A few questions that maybe yo guys/gals can help me with.
    Still waiting for the new update so I can at least get to use Flipboard on the tablet.
    I bought my daughter the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 7" v2. After using it Ilook at the asus and wonder why it is slower, interface sucks and very laggy in performance mode.
    Not sure how to root the device but I went with the tablet because I have the Asus G73s Laptp and it blows everything away. Everything else in the house is Samsung, While being a noob when it comes to tablets I am constantly in a battle whether to keep it or ebay it and get a samsung.... I love the specs, but hope it is in the setup, not the hardware issues.

    Anyone willing to help please send me an email to and reply to this thread,
    Help me believe in Asus again!

    Thanks,
    Christian
    I bought the Transformer Pad Infinity just this week. I installed both OTA updates; then, did a factory reset before really using the device, and I have to admit I am experiencing the same lag. For instance, when I type in Supernote, there will be a delay between the time I type and the time the text appears on the screen. Chrome lags, as well. All this while being in high performance mode. (wtf)

    Considering this is a quad core, I just expected it to run buttery smooth.

    Sometimes, in Chrome, I notice a line will briefly flash horizontally across the screen every now and then, too.

    Being within the return/exchange window, I'm wondering if I need to replace the tablet.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r)

Similar Threads

  1. New firmware update
    By will1881 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 03:18 PM
  2. New Firmware Update error. Need help!
    By Maurifuentes in forum Misc. Android Phone Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 10:20 AM
  3. New Firmware update = New Market
    By dylan808 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inch
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-18-2012, 03:09 AM
  4. New OTA update? (10/4/2010)?
    By infoe in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 12:45 PM
  5. I can't find the new firmware update...HELP!
    By jgladstone in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 03:10 PM

Posting Permissions