Camera issue with Skype

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that my Infinity rear camera doesn't focus when I'm on Skype. There doesn't seem to be any way to focus it while using Skype. The rear camera is fine when I take photos, but the problem is only when I'm on Skype. The front camera is fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I am sure that I am not the only one wondering this, but why are you using the rear camera to Skype? My guess would be that the app is not set up that way.

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes normally you would use the front camera so that the person you are Skyping with can see your face, but Skype for mobile devices has the option to switch to the rear camera if you want the other person to see what you are seeing, such as where you are, your home, etc. Since Skype offers this feature, it should work with either camera. As I said in my original post, the front camera is fine. It focuses perfectly. The rear camera does not. And there is nothing wrong with the rear camera, since it focuses fine when used as a camera (i.e. when using the camera app that ASUS has included).

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the latest update to Jellybean yesterday, but it doesn't change the way the camera works. Apparently this is the way Skype was designed for mobile devices, so not a fault of the Infinity tablet. It seems that when Skype is controlling the camera hardware, it's set to focus both cameras for 14-20 inches or so, which is about where the average person would be holding the tablet. It would be nice if Skype developers would change this so that when the user switches to the rear camera, he would have the option to focus it. But as I said that's a Skype issue and not the tablet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis