Just got an Update Notice JRO03C. 10.4.4.23-20121127

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got an update notice. Does anyone know anything about it as far as what changes is being made?

Did its upgrade then said optimizing apps and now says Android is updating.

Now says Successfully updated the system to JRO03C.
10.4.4.23-20121127

jimpia17

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm also in the dark about this. I received mine this morning, and was checking this site and others today and no one has even mentioned this update. maybe there getting ready for the 4.2 update. I have not noticed anything different. Does anyone have a changelog for this update? Build JRO03C.10.4.4.23-20121127 (4.1.1)

ibobbyblack

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope it does something about the crashes and the camera that went fuzzy after the last updates

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

iab

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I also got this update today 12-13-12. My tablet is still performing very well, just as it did after the original JB update.
The wifi version number is V7.2.0.65 now. Prior to this update it was version V7.2.0.62.
The GPS and wifi are both working very well still. I have not yet found any new enhancements or performance
enhancements. I'll continue checking this thread to see what other members discover.

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I noticed couple of improvements with this update: Flash in the stock browser works much better. One site did not work at all before, now runs very smoothly. Unfortunately, the lag during scrolling is still there (unless you wait for ALL elements of the web page to load) . Chrome however rocks! Much faster, no lag and stutter during scrolling anymore.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Paul_AV

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I received my ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T for Christmas. I went through the device setup without problems. I setup the WiFi settings for my network. The tablet connected and started syncing to my Google account, downloading my apps and account data. Everything installed correctly. Then came the first of two tablet firmware updates. The first appeared to be an ICS update. That update installed without error and my tablet continued to work as expected. The next update was the JB update, JRO03C.US_epad-10.4.4.23-20121127. This also installed without error. Unfortunately now the tablet does not detect my WiFi network signal. It reports that the network is not in range. I have deleted it and created it again to no avail. Weird thing is that the tablet can detect all of my neighbor's WiFi networks. I have my Wireless Router (D-Link Gamer Lounge DGL-4300) set to mixed b/g mode with UPnP enabled. Also, I have the SSID broadcast disabled. I am attempting to contact ASUS tech support before attempting to reconfigure my router. If anyone has had similar problems please chime in.

Thanks,

Paul

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the same setup with SSID broadcast enabled? Just read this statement on network security:

" According to Steve Riley, a senior security strategist in Microsoft's Trustworthy Computing Group, the claim that disabling broadcasting can enhance security is, ?A myth that needs to be forcibly dragged out behind the woodshed, strangled until it wheezes its last labored breath, then shot several times for good measure.? :D

Very strange that the update should have changed how the tablet interacts with the network though.....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Paul_AV

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes I understand that the beacon packets still contain the SSID and that a knowledgeable person could sniff it. I like to take a "Defense In Depth" approach.

That being said I reconfigured my router to make the SSID "visible". The tablet immediately connected to the network. So somehow the JB update broke the support for non-broadcast SSID networks.

Regards,

Paul

dervari

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes I understand that the beacon packets still contain the SSID and that a knowledgeable person could sniff it. I like to take a "Defense In Depth" approach.

That being said I reconfigured my router to make the SSID "visible". The tablet immediately connected to the network. So somehow the JB update broke the support for non-broadcast SSID networks.

Regards,

Paul

Technically not broadcasting the ssid is in violation of the 802.11 standards. 802.11i actually states that a station can refuse to associate with an AP not broadcasting an ssid.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Paul_AV

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
This is an amendment to the original 802.11 standard. It specifies security mechanisms for wireless networks. It's implemented as WPA2. So APs and clients that are configured for WEP and Open 802.11 networks are not required to adhere to these security measures. That being said manufacturers don't always adhere 100% to standards.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech