- 1 Posts
I just purchased an ASUS Transformer TF700T and so far it is pretty cool. However, I live in China and will be heading back after the holidays and I want to download and use WeChat but it says that WeChat is incompatible with my device. WeChat is by the same people who created QQ and is a social media sight that a ton (millions) of people use in China. This is a cool way to stay connected with friends all over the world and I want to know if anyone has a workaround as I thought that since this is an Android device that I could use it on my TF700T.
Thanks for the help.
- 12-30-2012, 01:58 PM #2
- 61 Posts
Re: WeChat Incompatibility
You will first have to download an apk. file for WeChat. You can search various places to do that by a web search for "download WeChat apk".
Once you have downloaded the apk. file for WeChat, you now have to sideload it to the Infinity. This is done by
1. Going to settings, security, and click to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
2. Open File Manager and search for the WeChat .apk file you just downloaded. The apk. file that I was interested in was downloaded to my external flash when I did this. Click on WeChat .apk when you find it. This will install the flash player on your Infinity.
3. Go back to settings, security, and click to disallow the installation of apps from unknown sources. You do not want your Infinity to continue to allow apps from unknown sources.
4. Your Infinity now has WeChat installed and you will be able to use that app.
Hope this helps.
- 12-30-2012, 02:56 PM #3
- 61 Posts
- 05-19-2013, 02:20 AM #4
- By cromag.rickman in forum Motorola Droid X2Replies: 7Last Post: 05-20-2011, 03:17 PM
- By kungfuparachute in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 9Last Post: 04-24-2011, 04:50 PM
- By Jgonzo1299 in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 13Last Post: 03-10-2011, 01:37 PM
- By rootkit123 in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 3Last Post: 02-16-2011, 01:17 PM
- By Fahrenheit in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 8Last Post: 05-02-2010, 04:34 AM