Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default DVDs to Infinity?

    I just ordered my Infinity, but was wondering how everyone is getting their movies onto the tablet? I've got quite a large movie collection but am a little unsure of how to transfer them to the Infinity?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    I use my micro sd card and just play it from there. I don`t transfer them on the tablet.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    K so how do you get them from dvd form to your micro sd card?
  4. #4  
    illdini's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Generally speaking, you rip the DVD/Blu-Ray using your computer + a ripping program (such as Handbrake), then copy the resulting file to the MicroSD card in your tablet.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Quote Originally Posted by illdini View Post
    Generally speaking, you rip the DVD/Blu-Ray using your computer + a ripping program (such as Handbrake), then copy the resulting file to the MicroSD card in your tablet.
    So if I have about 500+ DVDs, your saying this could take some time? Lol
  6. #6  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    I would use DVDFab. You can rip your DVD and Bluray movies to video files. I use it for my movies.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device(s):
    T-Mobile Monthly4G - LG Nexus 4 16GB (from Google Play)
    Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T
    Asus Nexus 7 16GB
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdo0815 View Post
    I would use DVDFab. You can rip your DVD and Bluray movies to video files. I use it for my movies.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Yea I just got dvd fab today, unfortunately it doesn't have any presets for the Infinity tablet. I guess I just use the ipad presets?
  8. #8  
    berndlb's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    ROM
    CROMi-X

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    I use DVD Catalyst. It has presets for the TF700 and if you have 2 dvd drives you can rip two discs at once. Or better: Sequentially without having to be there to swap. I often load 2 dvds at night and let it do it's thing while I sleep.
    Copying the files to a 32gb class 4 microSD is pretty fast on a PC. Tried to transfer the files via Airdroid over WiFi, but that takes forever. Plus, Airdroid does not transfer to external cards and I don't want to clog up my internal card with media files.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Quote Originally Posted by berndlb View Post
    I use DVD Catalyst. It has presets for the TF700 and if you have 2 dvd drives you can rip two discs at once. Or better: Sequentially without having to be there to swap. I often load 2 dvds at night and let it do it's thing while I sleep.
    Copying the files to a 32gb class 4 microSD is pretty fast on a PC. Tried to transfer the files via Airdroid over WiFi, but that takes forever. Plus, Airdroid does not transfer to external cards and I don't want to clog up my internal card with media files.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Can't you plug in the usb and transfer via that? I'd imagine that would be pretty fast...?
  10. #10  
    berndlb's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    ROM
    CROMi-X

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul TKR View Post
    Can't you plug in the usb and transfer via that? I'd imagine that would be pretty fast...?
    Possibly. My home PC runs WinXP and doesn't "see" the TF700 since the JB update. My laptop runs Windows 7 and would, but since I'm doing much of the heavy lifting, like ripping the DVDs, on my desktop, it's easier for me to just pop out the microSD card from the tablet and transfer the files on the desktop.
    I'm also developing an aversion to cables - probably a Dropbox user effect :sly:

    I have not tried to transfer large files on the Win7 laptop which is mostly collecting dust these days, since I used it mostly when out of town, and I am now using the TF700 when I'm traveling. But I would expect transfer speeds to be similar - if Win7 recognizes the external card(s). Does it?

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T TF700 since th using Tapatalk HD
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    So how's the quality on DVD Catalyst? Also, and this is a stupid question, but can you rip a Bluray on a regular DVD drive? I don't have a Bluray drive but lots of Blurays.

    Is there a way to make subtitles available when ripping but have the option to turn them on/off on the Infinity? I like to have subtitles available, but don't always want to use them.
  12. #12  
    berndlb's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    ROM
    CROMi-X

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul TKR View Post
    So how's the quality on DVD Catalyst? Also, and this is a stupid question, but can you rip a Bluray on a regular DVD drive? I don't have a Bluray drive but lots of Blurays.

    Is there a way to make subtitles available when ripping but have the option to turn them on/off on the Infinity? I like to have subtitles available, but don't always want to use them.
    The quality is just fine for me. The movies look just as they would when playing the disc. DVD catalyst has several presets for the Tf700. Normal, fast, HQ1, HQ1 1080, HQ2, HQ2 1080, HQXT and HQXT 1080. Their website has all the necessary info:
    There's a fully functional trial version which rips 25% of each track on the disc. The full version is $10. Pretty reasonable IMHO.
    I know that you need an additional piece of software to rip Bluerays - it's in the help files.

    I remember reading something about subtitles, I believe that functionality is there. If you can turn them on or off doesn't have anything to do with the Infinity per se. It depends on the app you use to play your movies.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Quote Originally Posted by berndlb View Post
    The quality is just fine for me. The movies look just as they would when playing the disc. DVD catalyst has several presets for the Tf700. Normal, fast, HQ1, HQ1 1080, HQ2, HQ2 1080, HQXT and HQXT 1080. Their website has all the necessary info:
    There's a fully functional trial version which rips 25% of each track on the disc. The full version is $10. Pretty reasonable IMHO.
    I know that you need an additional piece of software to rip Bluerays - it's in the help files.

    I remember reading something about subtitles, I believe that functionality is there. If you can turn them on or off doesn't have anything to do with the Infinity per se. It depends on the app you use to play your movies.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    I see... Yea I've been playing around with dvd catalyst today. Still trying to figure out the best setting. They have them listed as you mentioned above for both TF700T and INFINITY. Which settings do you use? As well as what quality setting (you mentioned above).
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Bump...
  15. #15  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    I use DVDFab, choose ipad 1080p and the blu_rays so converted are fabulous. I put them on a 500gb usb drive, plug it in to the tablet and watch from the external hd.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Whitmore View Post
    I use DVDFab, choose ipad 1080p and the blu_rays so converted are fabulous. I put them on a 500gb usb drive, plug it in to the tablet and watch from the external hd.
    Yea I went back to dvd fab. The quality just seemed to be the best on that one with the same settings you mentioned. Unfortunately I will only be able to fit 10 - 15 movies on my tablet, but oh well I can always swap them out.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    You can always put them on micro-SD cards which are small enough to carry with your tablet, and then just swap the cards. I use DVD fab, rip to mp4 and have a few 32GB class 10 cards so plenty of movies, music concerts etc. for when I travel. Noise-cancelling headphones and it's a great experience on an airplane. Now if only we could get the airlines to treat us better...........would be perfect!
  18. #18  
    Tekkmonkey's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    This guide is great if you want full quality blu ray rips like me! I've got a usb hard drive I put all the movies on. Or if i need to travel light I will load a few on the micro sd card.

  19. #19  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    I have a external hard drive loaded with movies. What would be the best way to transfer some of them to my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T?
  20. #20  
    berndlb's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    ROM
    CROMi-X

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Quote Originally Posted by waldo859 View Post
    I have a external hard drive loaded with movies. What would be the best way to transfer some of them to my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T?
    For a large amount of data there is still nothing faster and easier than copying them to a microSD card (alternatively SDcard or USB stick if you use the dock) and popping that into your Transformer.
    The TF700 can handle 64gb cards with no problems. That should last you a while...
    And you don't want to clog up your internal card with media anyway,right?

    Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  21. #21  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Thanks for the info. So after I plug in my external HD to my laptop and pick a few movies I could drag them into a SD card or USB stick (flash drive) and then plug that into the Transformer Pad TF700T. I'm assuming I would need a USB to micro USB adapter. Using the microSD I might need some adapter so it fits into my laptop. With the movies on a stick of SD card, is it just plug and play?
  22. #22  
    berndlb's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    ROM
    CROMi-X

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Quote Originally Posted by waldo859 View Post
    Thanks for the info. So after I plug in my external HD to my laptop and pick a few movies I could drag them into a SD card or USB stick (flash drive) and then plug that into the Transformer Pad TF700T. I'm assuming I would need a USB to micro USB adapter. Using the microSD I might need some adapter so it fits into my laptop. With the movies on a stick of SD card, is it just plug and play?
    If you buy a microSD card it usually comes with an adapter to fit into a standard SD card slot on your laptop.
    If your laptop doesn't have a SD card slot, you can buy a microSD/SD to USB adapter. That's basically a USB stick with slots that fit microSD and SD cards. That's what I did since I find it much easier to fit the tiny cards into the USB adapter than fiddling them into the SD card adapter. But that's due to my large fingers and bad eye sight

    The stock video player plays a respectable number of movie formats. I don't have a list handy, but that should be easy to google.
    If your movies are in a different format I would bet it's much easier to find a replacement video player in the Play Store than converting the movies.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
  23. #23  

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a shot.
  24. #24  
    berndlb's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    ROM
    CROMi-X

    Default Re: DVDs to Infinity?

    Quote Originally Posted by waldo859 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a shot.
    No problem - anytime, and if you're not familiar with micro/SD cards here a little pointer:

    I would only buy name brands like ScanDisc, Samsung, Kingdton, Transcend etc. There are a lot of knock-offs and cheap imitations out there, especially on Ebay.

    You will find, that the cards are described as 'class 4', 'class 6', class 10. That's the read/write speed that card is capable of. The higher the number the better.
    I would go for a class 10.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Similar Threads

  1. Converting movies from dvd to my evo..
    By acuevas6 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 12:06 AM
  2. DVD to Android what is the best program??
    By jsaren in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 06:38 PM
  3. The DVD to DROID Converter is now available.
    By dotheweb in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 06:46 AM
  4. Endoding DVD to play on the Captivate AND TV
    By MightyVolHammer in forum AT&T Captivate
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 06:51 AM
  5. DVD to DROID beta test
    By dotheweb in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 07:57 AM

Posting Permissions

B