- 2 Posts
Problem with national characters in web forms
Hi, on my TF700T with JR003C.WW_epad-10.4.4.23-20121127, it's not possible to type any accentuated characters into web forms with the hardware keyboard on the dock - neither using the stock browser nor the preinstalled chrome browser. For example, the character ů is normally typed by pressing accute and then o. But in both browsers, character combining does not work in web forms - the browser displays two characters i.e. 'o instead of combining them into ů.
Funny enough, this works correctly in address bar or in settings dialogs in both browsers. It also works correctly in other applications.
Not being able to type national characters into web forms is quite a problem, and as both browsers are part of the base system, this needs to be bugreported to ASUS for fixing. How to do this?
- 01-06-2013, 10:09 AM #2
- 401 Posts
Re: Problem with national characters in web forms
When your dock is connected, there is a little keyboard icon on your status bar. When you want to type a character or letter that is not available on your dock, tap that icon and your onscreen keyboard will pop up, you can use that to enter the character/letter. Not an ideal solution, but should work for you.
- By Riyaku90 in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 1Last Post: 11-20-2012, 12:32 PM
- By Reydelgado0320 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 16Last Post: 09-11-2010, 07:54 AM
- By bunjy in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 3Last Post: 09-02-2010, 06:55 PM
- By eric0668 in forum T-Mobile VibrantReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2010, 08:47 PM
- By sonali in forum T-Mobile G1Replies: 2Last Post: 06-20-2009, 10:39 AM