New with jelly bean or not

SeniorAlex

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So, does anyone know if I order a new TF700 in the UK from a retail supplier like John Lewis, will it be delivered with Jelly Bean or ICS, which has then to be upgraded? Also, what is the best sleve/case around for this model please?

Alex

Last edited:

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Most likely it will come with ICS. Once you havd charged it for the recommended 8 hours, and set up the wireless internet, it will automatically update to JB. There may be more that 1 update that it needs to do, but it should do it on its own.

SeniorAlex

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Most likely it will come with ICS. Once you havd charged it for the recommended 8 hours, and set up the wireless internet, it will automatically update to JB. There may be more that 1 update that it needs to do, but it should do it on its own.

Thanks for the info, I thought that may be the case but as long as there will be no problems once it has been updated. Pity they don't do it on the build and check that it's working OK.

Alex

SeniorAlex

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Looked through another thread on this sub-site, which gives several outlets at various prices. Some just for the tablet and some for the tablet and keyboard combined. As I will be getting the complete set, a dual one will be best for me and the selection looks good.

Alex

waldo859

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased the Transformer Infinity TF700T from Best Buy in the US. It was loaded with ICS even after I performed the update. The current Android version is 4.0.3. The Build # is: IML74K.US-epad-9.4.5.30-20120907. Taking my existing Android version and Build #, where and how can I upgrade to Jelly Bean?

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings > About
All the way on top there should be Update or check for update or something similar.
At least, that's where it used to be. Just checked and on my tablet it's gone since I unlocked! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34