Infinity as Audio Hub?: AMP/DAC & EXTERNAL BATTERY- Advice appreciated?

spur1

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
*Update to Question 3* (see below)

confused.png
Hello Fellow Members;

I am so pleased to have discovered this brilliant forum.I am new to the forum !
I am English, but have lived in Norway for many years after marrying a Viking!
smile.png

I am getting on in years and technology seems to be passing me by at times?

I am in the process of buying a ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T

I contacted ASUS Customer service to ask a few questions?prior to purchase? nothing to technical or difficult! but it as being really hard work getting a straight answer to anything, which is very frustrating,as I am sure you will understand, if you have dealt with some Tech Customer service folk.

I will list my questions and hope you guys can Advice/help & guide me :-

Question 1:

is it possible to attach an External DAC/AMP to the Infinity TABLET when travelling? I like the sound/Feedback of the FIIO 17 but this company make several DAC/AMPS,I just wish to make sure it is possible to add a Headphone-DAC/AMP?

Question 2:
Is related to Q1: Unless there is another AMP/DAC in the same price range which may offer a major improvement in Sound quality,I would like to use the FIIO E17 at home to; The Infinity will be my main music server [all my music is 24/96 Files] and used 90% of time at home.There is a Dock/Amp for the FIIO 17 The FIIO E9? I just wondered if there was any advantage/sound improvement using this combo as against using the E17 alone?I have read a great deal on the tech spec of these items but am still unsure?I know the E9 is mainly a Head Amp/Dock for difficult to drive headphones,but I think it may offer sound improvement generally? but again no real answers from FIIO this time!!

Question 3:

I am planning one last big journey/Trip,and I will be taking the Tablet Infinity with me and if feedback is positive on the above questions,I will use the E17 amp/dac as my portable add on?
I was looking for a External Battery to take with me which will both recharge the FIIO E17 as well as other gadgets I may take? I thought I had found the ideal Battery/Power in the ANKER Range[multi volt],but to my dissapointment ANKER told me non of there batteries would work with any ASUS items!! the same with other external battery makers like NewTrent,& others I forget the name of now.

So if someone could put me onto a good Battery & Maker I would be very obliged.I know the Infinity as a good battery duration but it would be good to have the external battery,for the odd occasion I may need to top it up,and of course other gadgets.

*UPDATE!*
I now know what the issue is regarding finding a external Power bank/Battery? The really good Customer service at EASYACC:) batteries,told me the problem with the Infinity is it is 15volt and most of the external batteries(not all) are only 5 volt or words to that affect.They said it will be difficult to find a power bank for the Infinity? does anyone know of a Powerbank which will serve the Infinity Tablet,it would be odd if ASUS had not taken this in to account when designing the Infinity-TABLET? but I have to admit I am not very technically minded.:confused:

I think that is more than enough to be going on with,for my first post..I thank you all in advance
and look forward to hearing from some of you
Regards Steve
biggrin.png

Last edited: