Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Default Re: New firmware 10.4.4.25

I'm not complaining; just providing some information to give a real world report to would-be flashers here.

This evening, my tablet started lagging pretty badly all of a sudden (temporarily). I then noticed that a few apps had updated automatically. So, that may be a bug that is affecting this otherwise great ROM. I will see if it happens again next time I have 2 or more updates coming in at the same time.

Not a perfect world, but it's certainly better than what ASUS dumped on us.

EDIT: also, I've come to accept that Chrome for Android tablets just is NOT ready to be the daily driver. The default Android browser is still so much more polished for the tablet experience. IE: scrolling down long web pages is horrible in Chrome, but fast as hell in the Android browser.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMi-X)

ROM
    CROMi-X

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post

EDIT: also, I've come to accept that Chrome for Android tablets just is NOT ready to be the daily driver. The default Android browser is still so much more polished for the tablet experience. IE: scrolling down long web pages is horrible in Chrome, but fast as hell in the Android browser.
    Did you download the latest files for AdAway?
    Just discovered this myself today. You actually have to open the app, download the latest files, reboot.
    Made a notable difference for me. Stock browser is even faster, Chrome is actually pretty good.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by berndlb View Post
    Did you download the latest files for AdAway?
    Just discovered this myself today. You actually have to open the app, download the latest files, reboot.
    Made a notable difference for me. Stock browser is even faster, Chrome is actually pretty good.

Thank you, good sir. I did not know it was a manual responsiblity ... just updated AdAway.

Have you ever experienced lag during automatic app updates?
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X

ROM
    CROMi-X

Thank you, good sir. I did not know it was a manual responsiblity ... just updated AdAway.

Have you ever experienced lag during automatic app updates?
    Cannot say that I noticed.
    Moved a file (movie) of 1.8 GB from USB to micro SD today and that definitely slowed it down. But that is not surprising I think.

fairly late to this thread, but after this update one of the major differences i noticed was that i am now not able to pair my ps3 controller to my tablet using the cable. before i was able to plug the controller into the dock and press the ps3 button to get the tablet to recognize the controller, now it does nothing. ive tried 2 different controllers with 2 different cables with both bluetooth on and off with no success. im just wondering if anyone else is having this issue, im running the latest version of stock jellybean .

I have no such controller or stock software anymore.

Sorry.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

am i the only one having this issue? im sure i cant be the only one that uses a controller to play games on the infinity.

ROM
    CROMi-X

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakersislife View Post
    am i the only one having this issue? im sure i cant be the only one that uses a controller to play games on the infinity.
    Maybe you should try a thread where they discuss that topic. I'm sure there are some.

TBolt likes this.

Guys,

CleanROM 3.4 is coming soon:

ROM
    CROMi-X

Guys,

CleanROM 3.4 is coming soon:
    I know and damn! I'll have to find a way to backup my home screens and settings! LOL

TBolt likes this.

I know and damn! I'll have to find a way to backup my home screens and settings! LOL

O wow ... the apps you're using to set that all up do not have a backup feature, huh?

Well, you can do it the old school way ... look at your own screenshots & rebuild. hehe

ROM
    CROMi-X

O wow ... the apps you're using to set that all up do not have a backup feature, huh?

Well, you can do it the old school way ... look at your own screenshots & rebuild. hehe
    Very funny, man! It took me hours to get it just right!
    Well, I think I'm going to wait a week or so anyway. Let somebody else find out what bugs sbdags built into this release

TBolt likes this.

yes but this is more of an issue AFTER the newest software update, so i was wondering if anyone else ran into that issue.

I flashed the 200 DPI (instead of stock 240 DPI) version of CleanROM 3.4.1 tonight. Wow ... hmm ... it's going to take some getting used to.

The home screens have room for more icons: 9 horizonally & 8 vertically

stock 240 DPI:
    New firmware 10.4.4.25-240dpi.jpg

200 DPI:
    New firmware 10.4.4.25-200dpi.jpg

Web pages can certainly turn out to appear much smaller by default:
    New firmware 10.4.4.25-screenshot_2013-02-24-17-21-34.png

The Full-screen app is cool, but I wish one of the two bottom buttons could be set to snap screenshots. I requested it tonight, though - maybe the Dev will make it happen.

I won't try any customization for a while because I really don't know if my eyes will like this DPI setting very much. The medium setting (between 200 DPI & 240 DPI) might have been the better choice.

It's definitely nice to have options, though!!!

ROM
    CROMi-X

Thanks for your feedback, Jay!
    It motivated me to flash 3.4.1 and all my home screens stayed intact! Awesome!

I went for the 213 dpi since you didn't seem sure you gonna stay with the 200 and I do like the 213. The difference is most notably in Gmail, webpages and Tapatalk. Less scrolling...nice
    I don't have any trouble with the play store, so I'll stick with this setup for the time being.

It's nice to not have that black bar with fullscreen, but....
    I find the function buttons to be a little small (and ugly) and I miss the notification panel! I have a few shortcuts to apps I most often use in there and I don't know if I want to go without them.

It's just crazy how sbdags is cranking out new revisions! At that pace we're going to be at 10.xx by June! LOL.
    He's amazing - I think I have to send another donation....

I had forgotten to mention that all my settings & files were not affected. Glad you kept your customization!

Before bed, I re-flashed the Medium DPI setting (213?) - much better!

I donated a couple days ago & promised future donations as long as work is good, too. Worth it!

Looking to root my Rezound soon.

ROM
    CROMi-X

just flashed pjc21's Custom color mod. Very cool! Check it out!

Thanked by:
    TBolt 

just flashed pjc21's Custom color mod. Very cool! Check it out!

Nice! Will try that when I get home tonight.

To install: just place the zip file in internal storage; boot into TWRP > Install and select the zip file ... correct?

ROM
    CROMi-X

Nice! Will try that when I get home tonight.

To install: just place the zip file in internal storage; boot into TWRP > Install and select the zip file ... correct?
    Correct. It also uses the Aroma installer, so Dalvic and cache wipe automatically. Some choices to make... I skipped the launcher mod since I use ADW, but everything is well explained in the OP.
    I wish I could attach a screenshot of my home screen with notification panel open, but I can't figure out how to do that, since the panel closes as soon as I touch the recent apps button :what:

ROM
    CROMi-X

Maybe this gives you an idea...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New firmware 10.4.4.25-uploadfromtaptalk1361831129164.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:

Flashed the green mod. Kind of nice, but I ended up losing my DPI settings -- should have paid more attention while flashing. hehe

Restoring my original CROMI 3.4.1 -- happy with that. I hope I was right to wipe cache & dalvik cache before starting the restore process. Seems to be taking a long time to restore.
    Thanked by:

I just wanted to thank you 2, Berndlb and TBolt, your back and forth convinced me to do the Cromi root on my 700. Wow its so much nicer now. I am running 213 dpi and loved it.
    Are you guys running the stock launcher? Kinda wanna try Nova, and wondered if I needed Nova Prime from the store.
    Thanks again guys, I finally have the tablet Asus promised.
    Thanked by:
    TBolt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Schafudd View Post
    I just wanted to thank you 2, Berndlb and TBolt, your back and forth convinced me to do the Cromi root on my 700. Wow its so much nicer now. I am running 213 dpi and loved it.
    Are you guys running the stock launcher? Kinda wanna try Nova, and wondered if I needed Nova Prime from the store.
    Welcome to the club, Schafudd! I know first-hand the appreciation one feels for CROMI once it's flashed, and I really appreciated having Bern here to convince me it was the right thing to do.

I have only used the stock launcher on the Transformer. I just really like the stock launcher.

I use Nova full-time on my Rezound. So, if I ever switched, I would use Nova. I don't know if you need to pay for Nova's premium features, but I can say IMO it's a worthwhile purchase.

ROM
    CROMi-X

Quote Originally Posted by Schafudd View Post
    Glad if we helped you!
    I am using the ADW launcher, like it's look and feel and the themes. But mainly I'm too lazy to start all over again with a different launcher
    I would always start with the free version of a launcher, it'll tell you which features you get when you buy the full version. I actually didn't care for the features ADW Ex would add to the basic version...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123