Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I will never buy any asus product again.

The asus transformer infinity is the worst product I ever buy: slow, laggy, buggy: really it's a real piece of crap. One of my friend bought a cheap nexus 7 and I tried it: it's like 5 time faster than my transformer infinity 500 bucks tablet. I tried to getting help with Asus support: a real joke too: they want me to pay the postal cost to return the tablet. The word as to spread: dont buy asus tablet, donmt make my mistake. Go with the samsung galaxy 10: I tried it too: way much faster and not buggy like my asus tablet.
    Thanked by:
    VictoriaPa1 and Brandon Sohm like this.

Default Re: I will never buy any asus product again.

But the Nexus 7 is made by Asus.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    KoukiFC3S, TBolt, 0bucchr and 3 others like this.

I hated my transformer infinity as well. I bought mine on launch day and was so excited, only to be let down by I/O issues and constant force closes.

I ended up giving mine to my mom along with the keyboard once I got my Nexus 7. The nexus 7 is made by Asus as well but I dearly love it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ahah jesus, its like a calamity! Well its like the day and night if I compare these two products..

- - - Updated - - -

But the transformer infinity is expensive, I mean its not suppose to be a toy... No?

try the CROMI ROM found on XDA site. It makes this thing fly! Best tablet yet!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    TBolt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by toolmanz2 View Post
    try the CROMI ROM found on XDA site. It makes this thing fly! Best tablet yet!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    I don't want to highjact this tread but I am considering buying this tablet and I have a question or two about this situation. Does anyone know or think if Asus will fix this issue in a future update? Or is this a something that won't be corrected until some sort of future Jellybean update?

For someone who is not comfortable doing the CROMI Rom adjustment is there an alternative that won't affect the warranty or cause issues for someone who is not familiar with tablets? This sounds like a great tablet except for this one issue. I would be surprised if Asus doesn't know about it.

I am glad I have the galaxy tab 10.1. I love it. It impressed be so much to the point of switching from HTC phone to the Samsung.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

What is the "issue" that needs fixing? First of all, can you be more specific about when it's slow? What are you doing when it acts slow? Have you updated to the latest version of the Android OS - Jelly Bean? I ask because I have no problems at all with my Infinity 700. I know that Asus is way better than Samsung in pushing updates to Android. Samsung was eighteen months later to finally push an upgrade to my Galaxy S phone than other brands.
    Thanked by:
    Robert Kirkpatrick likes this.

I have the same problem with my old PRIME and exchange to INFINITY now I have the same problem and it gets worse, not just freezes it reboots, seems like it can`t handle the some sites I go too, like ebay " are you kidding me? lol I`m giving this away to my 8yr old and get me an Ipad. Same goes with my Samsung confuse i meant INFUSE phone!
    Brandon Sohm likes this.

lol. I felt the same way after buying an ASUS gaming laptop a couple years ago. I even got my credit union's help to force Newegg.com to refund the purchase.

If you love having a tablet and a very solid netbook option (I do!), consider the option that has already been suggested -- flash CleanROM. The ROM makes this device a worthwhile purchase.

Between folks here and at XDA, you'll get a lot of answers to questions/concerns before you get started.
    Last edited by TBolt; 10-31-2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: link removed
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)
    Dell XPS 12 (great Ultrabook convertible for mobile work!)
    Thanked by:

I'm trying to understand this thread, but nobody has given any details. Exactly what are the problems that people are having??? Some said "same problem" and "fix these problems", but WHAT are the problems? When you say it freezes, do you mean that the tablet doesn't respond to anything at all, or just that the browser stops? Sometimes the browser times out if a website doesn't respond fast enough, but this can happen even on a computer, phone etc. if the website is slow. I'm just trying to sort out exactly what's going on, and if everyone is having the exact same problem for the exact same reason, or similar problems but maybe for different reasons, etc. I still have time to return my Infinity, but so far I haven't had any of the problems that you all are mentioning here, so I'd like to know the details.

<-----------traded infinity already at bestbuy for free lol

@bill

My tablet was very laggy after updating to the latest OTA Jelly Bean update. As soon as I took it out of the box, I installed the updates; so, I can't compare it to ICS. However, others have said the problem of lag started in Jelly Bean.

When typing a note in Supernote -- basically, the app would freeze every 10th or 20th word (what I typed stopped registering). After a few seconds, Supernote would 'wake up' and I could type again. The stock browser & Chrome: I often received a message about the browser no longer responding. My option was to click WAIT (for the browser to respond) or CLOSE the browser. If that is the web site time-out' issue you're referring to, that is not a web site timing out.

Even with CleanROM installed, I still have the black line that flashes randomly across the screen, usually while I'm using the web browser. The developers at XDA say it's a problem with NVIDIA drivers (most likely).

After doing a bunch of reading and talking with berndbl (here at AC), I chose not to exchange my Transformer for the Samsung 10.1 & instead go with root. After almost a week, I'm happy with my decision. If CleanROM hadn't been available (with its excellent reputation & developer involvement), I would have probably exchanged for the Sammy tablet.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Brandon Sohm likes this.

Tbolt - Thanks for explaining. So far I haven't had any of those issues and I'm pleased with the tablet I hope it stays this way. Thanks for your input.

Yes Asus does make nexus 7 and nexus 7 (2013) and i had them both and the original worked fine but like many others i got the so called lag trim problem (supposed to be 4.2 problem but again other manufacturers have used that OS version without problems ); more than likely Asus used cheap flash memory.
    and thinking Asus had a whole year to get it right i got the (2013) nexus 7 and again CRAPPY hardware
    (1) GPS is very sporadic or just not there.
    (2) ghost or phantom taps all over(had to shut off keyboard swipe as it made it worse)
    (3)battery with same use works all day or other days just sucks dry so quick
    ( 4) WiFi some time just quits(on excellent home WiFi modem from cable
    Some problems could be 4.3 problems but after many reboots i have given up on ever owning a Google Asus product [NEVER AGAIN]
    I will never buy an Apple product also for many reasons
    I am going back to Staples to trade it in for a Samsung tablet for at least ( even if it has lower specs) most Samsung products have fairly decent quality control

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I love my TF700!!!! I have had no issues i didn't have with galaxy tab 2 7.0. Asus has been among the best PC motherboards, I love them. I liked the tab2 7.0 jusr fine, but wanted HDMI and a 1080 screen. Had a friend complaining Android tablets are slow and not smooth, but after an hour with the asus they were ready to give up on apple. It can get slow or unsmooth if tons of apps or webpages are in use or it hasn't had a reboot in a long time. It came with 4.1 and got the 4.2, no huge difference i recall. I cant wait for 4.3, TRIM sounds like a good thing. GPS is not great compared to my galaxy s3 or motorola bionic, but works fine if not in a building i find, not what i got the tablet for, but works in my car.

The nexus 7 is said to be wonderful, but since google has made not using sd expansion and only giving paltry internal storage part of their religion I will never, ever own one.

Sorry your having trouble with yours, can't help without more specific info. Ive never tried asus support, but find vendor support useless in general, especially compared to the great community support of most android devices.

Good luck!

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joedm126 View Post
    I don't want to highjact this tread but I am considering buying this tablet and I have a question or two about this situation. Does anyone know or think if Asus will fix this issue in a future update? Or is this a something that won't be corrected until some sort of future Jellybean update?

For someone who is not comfortable doing the CROMI Rom adjustment is there an alternative that won't affect the warranty or cause issues for someone who is not familiar with tablets? This sounds like a great tablet except for this one issue. I would be surprised if Asus doesn't know about it.
    Not sure what >this< issue is. I really dont think most infinities are "broken" and need a fix from Asus. This could be how its used, what apps are in use, that it was dropped, or a random lemon.

I just "fixed" a friends phone she was ready to return for a new one by changing her keyboard settings and rebooting it.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peter carter View Post
    Yes Asus does make nexus 7 and nexus 7 (2013) and i had them both and the original worked fine but like many others i got the so called lag trim problem (supposed to be 4.2 problem but again other manufacturers have used that OS version without problems ); more than likely Asus used cheap flash memory.
    and thinking Asus had a whole year to get it right i got the (2013) nexus 7 and again CRAPPY hardware
    (1) GPS is very sporadic or just not there.
    (2) ghost or phantom taps all over(had to shut off keyboard swipe as it made it worse)
    (3)battery with same use works all day or other days just sucks dry so quick
    ( 4) WiFi some time just quits(on excellent home WiFi modem from cable
    Some problems could be 4.3 problems but after many reboots i have given up on ever owning a Google Asus product [NEVER AGAIN]
    I will never buy an Apple product also for many reasons
    I am going back to Staples to trade it in for a Samsung tablet for at least ( even if it has lower specs) most Samsung products have fairly decent quality control
    I love the samsungs I've had lately, but was just with my mom and aunt and their samsung tv only a few years old froze twice, only an unplug helped. Yes, some brands are clearly better than others, but brand alone is not a great way to pic or reject a product these days. Though i'll be hard pressed to ever by an LG after the disaster my G2x was, but my galaxy s sucked too and i love my s3 so much!

I agree with your statement about Nexus 7's speed and excellent performance. I just bought mine last week and right now I am having a hard time deciding which keyboard for nexus 7 I should go for. I would really appreciate any suggestions you guys can give. Here are the links to the keyboards I like if you want to see them.

Keyboard One
    Keyboard Two

Thank you so much!

I bought the original Transformer 2 years ago and loved it. I happily upgraded to the Infinity last year. On Ice Cream Sandwich, I had very few problems and really enjoyed my tablet. Ever since the upgrade to Jelly Bean, using my tablet has been an exercise alternating between prayer and frustration. When I'm working on documents, I pray that some random force close won't cause me to lose my work and when I'm in a browser (doesn't matter which one - Chrome, Boat, Firefox, Maxthon) trying to get information or look something up or in another app, I steel myself against the frustration of the "______" isn't responding. Do you want to close it?" Nooooo...I want the %%%@?! app to freakin' RESPOND already...:banghead:

I broke my own rule and downloaded the most recent Asus system upgrade, instead of waiting a week or two for the inevitable fallout. As usual, Asus, while quick to issue OS updates, is slow to provide changelogs. I assumed (hoped) it was some sort of optimization update. After installation, however, I find I can no longer watch movies or tv shows purchased from the Google Play Store. Very annoying. And now, it appears this "update" makes it impossible (or at least a lot harder) to root and rom the tablet. I have a ticket into Google and am waiting to hear from them about how to fix the movie viewing problem. I have pretty much resigned myself to having to factory reset my tablet to solve this problem, though. And it is annoying in the extreme that Asus has removed rooting capabilities, because, I would have looked into rooting after this latest fiasco. I have heard there are workarounds, but the point is that Asus went out of their way not to improve the user experience (which sorely needs improving) but to break the rooting and installing ROM functions - something long encouraged in the Android world.

So after two years in the world of Asus, I am officially getting off the train ride. My next tablet may be a Samsung Galaxy Note or even an iPad. I will wait until after the announcements from Samsung and Apple this fall to see which one. The one thing it won't be, however, is an Asus. As Phil Nickinson would say, "stick a fork in it." I'm done.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using AC Forums mobile app

So the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Release locks down the system further?

Yes. According to many reports from tech writers and users, the latest update removes the ability to root. Also, the latest update is not for Jelly Bean 4.3. The JB version is still 4.2.1. The update changes the build# to JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.14.10-20130801.

MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH ASUS EEE PAD
    For the one's here that say the Eee Pad TF700T is good, well PLEASE LOOK AT You Tube " Be In Hawaii ".
    For almost a year, nothing but problems. Last 6 months I have been posting on You Tube just so Asus could see what I as a paying customer was going through. POOR product, a lot of problems. Look for yourself. If anyone else is having any of these problems, please let me know. Sad that a company Like Asus will not stand behind their products or customers.
    Last edited by Be In Hawaii; 08-26-2013 at 02:08 AM. Reason: corrections

Quote Originally Posted by morjoie View Post
    Yes. According to many reports from tech writers and users, the latest update removes the ability to root. Also, the latest update is not for Jelly Bean 4.3. The JB version is still 4.2.1. The update changes the build# to JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.14.10-20130801.

I'm glad I rooted when I did, then. I did not know ASSUS locked the device even more.

I tell ya, without root & CleanROM / CROMi-X, I would have long since buried the TF700 in the junk drawer.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

ROM
    CROMi-X

Quote Originally Posted by Be In Hawaii View Post
    MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH ASUS EEE PAD
    For the one's here that say the Eee Pad TF700T is good, well PLEASE LOOK AT You Tube " Be In Hawaii ".
    For almost a year, nothing but problems. Last 6 months I have been posting on You Tube just so Asus could see what I as a paying customer was going through. POOR product, a lot of problems. Look for yourself. If anyone else is having any of these problems, please let me know. Sad that a company Like Asus will not stand behind their products or customers.
    Your videos are all about the same problem. So you got a busted digitizer - it happens... what's your point? Asus refused to repair it? Why don't you send it in???????

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
    TBolt likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast