Just picked up the Infinity - New to Android.

williamea

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the Infinity earlier this week and so far my biggest complaint is the battery life. It was at 100% this morning when I left for work and after light use I am down to 48%. Is this standard for this device or any other Android? My wife's iPad seems to last a lot longer and she is on it 24x7. I have also noticed the occasional lag and Chrome performance seems less than stellar.
Any settings or tweaks I should be doing to help?

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
There are power settings that you can tweak. If you go to settings you will see the option(s). Also, you can check the screen brightness level. You don't need Super IPS+ indoors, so be sure that is off, and you can also turn the brightness down some. The display is very useable at half brightness (or even less). You could also turn off WIFi when you don't need it. Have you considered the optional keyboard/dock? It has its own battery, and can charge the tablet when it's docked. Either can be charged separately or together. Personally I haven't had any problems with the battery. In fact it lasts a lot longer than my Galaxy 10.1.

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I start using mine in the morning and it lasts until bedtime with no issues. Did you charge it for the full eight hours when you opened the package?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

williamea

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes charged for 8 to 10 hours the first day. I did have it on and updating during this time. I have turned of location services and WiFi was off most of the day since I do not have that at work. I am also constantly closing services with the built in one click clean tool.
I just took it off the charger after charging overnight and all I've done is open up Chrome and check this thread and I am already at 94 percent.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I just took mine off the charger & have only opened Gmail, which linked me to this thread in the default browser. My tablet is at 99% (the dock is still at 100%).

1. I would be concerned that the battery is defective.
2. Maybe this battery will improve after 5 charge cycles, like cell phone batteries do. However, I would not give up an exchange/replacement opportunity to find out.

Your battery performance is not optimal. It's GOOD you asked about it.

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: I am running CleanROM now. But, even when stock, I did not see battery drops like the ones you are describing.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes charged for 8 to 10 hours the first day. I did have it on and updating during this time. I have turned of location services and WiFi was off most of the day since I do not have that at work. I am also constantly closing services with the built in one click clean tool.
I just took it off the charger after charging overnight and all I've done is open up Chrome and check this thread and I am already at 94 percent.

Constantly closing services may be part of the problem. If you close them and they reopen, that is going to drain your battery. Don't rely on task managers. The android system is very good at putting things in the background so they don't use battery. I will also say that your experience is not typical. I have a dock for mine and even when using it most of the day the dock will be above 50% charge and the tablet above 75%. I'm pretty sure the dock doesn't start charging the tablet until it drains down a fair amount.

williamea

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So after I did the above I hit the power button to put it to 'Sleep'. I just got home and when I opened it up I am at 48%. So all that has happened today was I unplugged it from the wall, opened Chrome to post my comments earlier, put to sleep for approximately 10 hours, and when I woke it up it was at 48%!!!!

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Check your sleep settings. Are WiFi and GPS turned off during sleep? Is the screen going dark at sleep?Those things use up battery power and could be at least part of the problem.

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
So after I did the above I hit the power button to put it to 'Sleep'. I just got home and when I opened it up I am at 48%. So all that has happened today was I unplugged it from the wall, opened Chrome to post my comments earlier, put to sleep for approximately 10 hours, and when I woke it up it was at 48%!!!!

Go to Settings > Battery and check what's eating your battery. If that doesn't give you a hint on what's going on, you probably have a bad battery.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD