Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Thread now Closed!

Hello Everyone;

I have spent the last few weeks checking out Infinity cases & covers and for me at least the Silicone/rubber examples are best
    I like the "GUMDROP" range and noted on Amazon there are at least one or two other Makers including the very well reviewed "OTTERBOX"Range. wondered if any members had first hand experience with these products Good & Bad!

I am sort of,looking for a couple of possible combinations,as i beleive the above do not allow connection of keyboard?
    The Silicone cover will be great for trips with Tablet only! but I am looking for a suitable case to accomadate the Tablet+Cover
    so any feedback on Cases appreciated.

I am in no hurry to buy,wish to get the choice right.

best Wishes Steve

Default Re: More Suggestions Welcome on Covers & cases please? Infinity!

My favorite cover/case is the keyboard dock!

Seriously, it's always on. Protects my tablet just fine while I'm creepin'...

Let us know how your cover/case works out for you once you decide on one.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Question Re: More Suggestions Welcome on Covers & cases please? Infinity!

hello Tbolt;
    Good to hear from you,I take your point re the keyboard dock,but I am wanting to use the tablet on it`s own,that`s why i was thinking of the Gumdrop? that said there is another silicone cover (forget its name) which allows you to use with dock also acts as a stand,am going to check this out further.Would like a small shoulder bag(well padded) for carrying Infinity with key board on long journey,So any suggestions welcome

all the best Steve

I have a nice leather case from Roocase and it holds the tablet, with the keyboard docked, very securely. My concern was not having any kind of protection for the tablet when not in use, to keep it from scratches on the metal surface, and keep dust out. You can unzip it and use it with the keyboard attached because there is also a magnetic "kickstand" on the back so it keeps it from toppling when using the keyboard. When I detach the tablet, I don't care to have any part of any case or cover attached to it, but that's just my preference, so for me this is perfect. It has a loop for a stylus or such and small pockets for cleaning cloth, business card or such. I got it at Amazon for $39.
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hi Bill2Reg.
    Good to hear from you,some time ago I was looking at older threads re cases for the infinity,many were leather or simulated leather e.t.c.
    I just don`t like leather or plastic,much prefering Silicone/rubber and similar,me also this is a personal choice..
    Further to the silicone varieties?

I came across these on amazon:-

The following seem to offer silicone buffer and ability to attach dock and the buffer transforms to a kick stand of sorts (clever) pity Gumdrop don`t!
    Amazon.com: Bobj Heavy Duty Case for ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 - BobjGear protective cover - Bold Black: Electronics

The following are just very neat general cases & a clever strorage tidt called "Grid-It"

Amazon.com: cocoon case - 3 brands / Computers & Accessories: Electronics

Regards Steve

Spur,
    I think the cocoon cases are overkill and way too expensive! The Bobj Heavy silicone seems like a sloppy solution for using the dock, the way you have to sort of semi-remove the bottom to dock the tablet. I just prefer keeping the tablet docked and closed in the roocase when not in use, and when I use it without the dock I just prefer the feel of the tablet alone. Again my own thoughts.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Hello Bill2reg
    Can not see where you get overkill for the cocoon cases?they are intelligently thought out designs and offer a little bit more than the normal cases,as for overpriced again not when you compare to crumpler and the like,but hey everyone is different!I like them simple as that.

with regards to Bobj I would sort of go with you on this they are a bit sloppy exactly what i thought to,but it gave me the silicone option which i like.
    I prefer the Gumdrop cases but they are even worse,in that you have to take them off the tablet,completley to attach the dock.

all the best Steve

Spur1:
    Your thread title says suggestions are welcome, so I was offering suggestions in a helpful way. No need to be condescending here, OK?
    As to why I said I thought they were overkill, it's that they look more like large cases for laptops, not tablets. And there are many quality cases at far less cost than the $100+ price tag for the Cocoon products. Just my opinion.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Exclamation Re: More Suggestions Welcome on Covers & cases please? Infinity!

Hey Bill
    Hell wheres the condescension for gods sake ?Am I also not allowed to disagree with an opinion or is that your private preserve? I come across folk like you a lot,which is a pity?, they make problems where non excist and cause discord where non is warented.

Of course I value your opinion,but do I agree with it No! not entierely.just for the record, many of cocoons cases cost half the amount you state
    I think they have maybe 4-5 cases near a $100 FACT!! not condescension;

Oh by the way the cases are sized approriately for Tablets,they are not in anyway I can see oversized,but thats just my opinion!

Last message on subject!!!

People like me? So much for trying to help someone like YOU! Thankfully, most folks here are friendly and helpful, as I have tried to be.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Exclamation Re: More Suggestions Welcome on Covers & cases please? Infinity!

Oh dear old Bill
    Spat the dummy!!!

I am normally a very nice chap,but don`t like folk like YOU! simple as that.you made the thread go downhill, not me old friend.
    I simply replied to your post,setting out my own point of view which was regrettably not in unison with yours...nothing to do with helping folk out<I always appreciate folks who try to help me out,but not at any cost? that`s silly.
    what did you wish me to say or not say? that I agreed with your conclusions anyway? even if i did not....debate is an exchange of opinions & ideas, is it not? or am I mistaken?

No more comments!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bill2reg View Post
    People like me? So much for trying to help someone like YOU! Thankfully, most folks here are friendly and helpful, as I have tried to be.

Your opinion is the only one that matters, so need to ask for help here I suppose.

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

i got this case and am very happy with it Amazon.com: Poetic Slimbook Leather Case for the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700: Computers & Accessories

ps. members cant close threads
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

That seems like a decent case. Slim and not expensive either. I can't tell from the description on the linked page, but does it allow connection to the keyboard/dock? OP wanted that option. Also he didn't like leather materials. I have a friend who just got the TF700 and is looking for a case, so thanks for the info.

Good point that members can't close threads. Seems the OP took things to a personal level with me for some reason. Perhaps doesn't know forum and internet etiquette that use of capital letters and exclamation marks is the equivalent of shouting at someone.

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Thread now Closed!

Quote Originally Posted by bill2reg View Post
    That seems like a decent case. Slim and not expensive either. I can't tell from the description on the linked page, but does it allow connection to the keyboard/dock? OP wanted that option. Also he didn't like leather materials. I have a friend who just got the TF700 and is looking for a case, so thanks for the info.

Good point that members can't close threads. Seems the OP took things to a personal level with me for some reason. Perhaps doesn't know forum and internet etiquette that use of capital letters and exclamation marks is the equivalent of shouting at someone.
    yes that case allows the dock to be connected.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

Default Re: Thread now Closed!

Thanks!