Maybe I Should Have Returned it While I Still Had The Chance

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
If I understand you correctly, you have the tablet and dock plugged into an outlet most of the time?

You know, batteries are made to go through charge/discharge cycles. Maybe you should let the batteries drain to 10%, charge them fully, let them drain again etc....
Just a thought....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Tried charging them separately and the tablet charged with in a min and then charged the dock for about 20 mins and docked them and the tablet was still fully charged but the dock hadn't changed at all. Guessing it's a problem with the dock.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Oh, really? I'd love to have Wifi on my tablet but buying an extra hot spot is just too much or I'd do it for me and my son so he can watch netflix on his Galaxy in the car etc. but I wouldn't know how to go about doing it so might have to make sure it will work with an iPhone 4 and make sure noting with be effected.
I can try that on the battery unless I make it to Best Buy before then, it's just such a habit of mine to keep things charged because my memories horrible but my OCD still works pretty well, so my luck is I'd forget and it would end up dying lol
As far as this app goes, it's not the curser jumping around (yet, knock on wood) You know as the bottom on the post it has a pre-set signature? Well, on mine its 2 lines down when it first opens and of course it's suppose to bump down every time I'm typing and hit enter right? Well, that's what it's NOT doing now so since it doesn't bump down, when I get to that line I'm basically typing over it which makes it a pain to see what I have typed there but yet whenever I submit my post it's at the bottom at the end like it should be. It only started doing that again after I downloaded the Boat Browser so I thought that might have been why since nothing els has changed and really that's all that would make sense unless it just so happen to mess up after I downloaded it just to be a pain.
I guess since the issue is already on here again I'll re-download Boat and actually try it out since I really didn't get the chance to. Something I do like about the stock browser though is that I can save the bookmarks to my gmail or tablet but it would be nice to be about to save to both without doing it separately. But anyways... get with me on the tethering wifi stuff and make sure it won't mess anything up if you wouldn't mind and let me know please and then maybe you can tell me what I need to do if you wouldn't mind.
Ya know, because of all the help you've given me I wish I could actually teach you about something in return, lol.

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Oh, ya forgot to ask... What makes Boat browser better then, let's say Dolphin, or some of the other ones with really high reviews other than Chrome and Firefox?
well, there's my wonderful friend again, the black box..

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Well I tried tethering between phone and tablet through USB-and that does not work...
So what's left is WiFi hotspot or Bluetooth.
If you're with ATT you maybe out of luck for now..
I'm reading that ATT is monitoring your data usage and if they suspect you are tethering, they charge you $20 month for that service and can bump you into a different plan if you have(like I do) still an unlimited plan.
Which is outrageous!!!
If I buy a data plan it's my business to use that data wherever and however I see fit! If I use the data on my phone or my tablet or my laptop is nobody's business! Least of all the providers!
I'm on Verizon and the FCC recently sued and forced them to allow tethering. Can't be too long before they get to ATT to.. I hope! I passionately hate the strangle hold US providers have on consumers! You should see what's possible in Europe and you would weep!

No black box yet??

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
We crossed posts here...:)
so the black box is back-damn!
Now I suspect there's really something wrong with your dock. And I think if you went to BB or called Asus they will exchange it.
At least go to BB with your tab, talk them into letting you try it with another dock and see if the problems, battery and black box, persist.

Boat Browser supposedly handles I/O (input-output) better than other browsers, and that is a known weakness of the TF 700..
I Cannot imagine that boat has anything to do with the behaviour of the AC app, but if it disappears when you uninstall it- so much the better...

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry about replicating!
So far I've not been able to solve any of your problems anyway, it seems....:)
And I'm just paying forward all the help I got from other people on these forums..
Did you see that movie with Kevin Spacey? So touching!

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Ya, I agree about the tethering. If I want to pay as much as I do which is more than the data plans they have now then let me do it! I'm glad the guy at Best Buy had told me about how my data plan would change if I made my phone a hot spot because I know At&t more than likely wouldn't have.
So, as far as browsers go are you saying Boats better because of the dock the 700 uses? Before I download an app I always go to reviews and have it show ones just for my device and since I deleted Boat and it didn't fix anything I was just going to re-download it so I could actually try it out and saw all the others with high marks and some of which had good reviews for the 700 as well so that's why I was wondering.
I wish this tablet had some of the same small simple features like my son's Galaxy does, like the clear button for the notifications when you pull them up.
So, if you're so tech inclined then why would you need to read up on forms? Since you said you're basically just relaying info to me from other forms or things you have read :p
Either way it would be nice to pay you back for at least your time, ya know? Since I know I'm a pain in the butt.

Since we are using different apps does that mean the Private Messages wouldn't work? Just curious

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Ya, I agree about the tethering. If I want to pay as much as I do which is more than the data plans they have now then let me do it! I'm glad the guy at Best Buy had told me about how my data plan would change if I made my phone a hot spot because I know At&t more than likely wouldn't have.
So, as far as browsers go are you saying Boats better because of the dock the 700 uses? Before I download an app I always go to reviews and have it show ones just for my device and since I deleted Boat and it didn't fix anything I was just going to re-download it so I could actually try it out and saw all the others with high marks and some of which had good reviews for the 700 as well so that's why I was wondering.
I wish this tablet had some of the same small simple features like my son's Galaxy does, like the clear button for the notifications when you pull them up.
So, if you're so tech inclined then why would you need to read up on forms? Since you said you're basically just relaying info to me from other forms or things you have read :p
Either way it would be nice to pay you back for at least your time, ya know? Since I know I'm a pain in the butt.

Since we are using different apps does that mean the Private Messages wouldn't work? Just curious

Why do I read on other forums?? Because that's how you learn, girl! Nobody is BORN with knowledge, and most of what you learn, you learn from others! Sharing of what you know - that's what the forums are about..

Boat Bowser doesn't have to do anything with the dock. I/O refers to how the tablet reads and writes bits into memory, how it handles information coming in and going out.
If you do not like Boat Browser, go ahead and try some of the others - it's mostly about what flavors you like anyway.

This tablet also has an easy way to dismiss the notifications! When you tab the clock area and the panel comes up, just hit the x on the lower right and they're gone!

I got your PM about a week ago - you didn't get my reply???

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, duh! reading on here and posting stuff is how I started to learn since I knew nothing about Droid but everyone conflict's ya know?
And as far as browsers, I'm just sick of downloading stuff because I'm scared I'll just mess this thing up even more.

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm returning my tablet right ow so I thought I'd say goodbye to you,maybe I'll see you around on another device!

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm returning my tablet right ow so I thought I'd say goodbye to you,maybe I'll see you around on another device!

Hope the next one is working out better for you!

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy told me they are being discontinued so even if I would have swapped it out for a new one that later I might be sol. They didn't even have any of the tablets on display anymore and they only had a couple left to buy in the store. I wanted it so badly and wished it just worked like it was suppose to because I don't have a clue what is even replace it with. Plus since Best Buy can only give $500 in cash back at a time I have to wait for a check for about $550 and it would be a pain if that got lost.
I miss my tablet even though it had problems. And even hugged it and of course I can't get money back for things I bought for it so I'm out money on that stuff. It's just all one big mess and of course it has to happen when I finally buy something for myself instead of my son or the house.
And I had typing on my old laptop now because I got use to the smaller keyboard that I really loved but all the other laptop/tablet transformer type devices are windows 8.
The thing with it being discontinued is that if the Asus broke and best buy no longer carried it I'd just get store credit because of the protection plan vs getting all my money back now. Is there any truth to it about to becoming discontinued? If so I could buy it again without a protection plan and root it but I'd still be sol if the keyboard do l broke or if I ever dropped it. God, this all sucks.

Last edited:

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Do you need the small device + keyboard form factor? Or, do you just need a tablet?
Ever considered Win 8 or Apple?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

joedm126

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how many of these issues will be fixed once the JB 4.2 upgrade comes out? I believe Asus will also update the software besides releasing 4.2. Plus I wonder how much Asus knows of the lagging and other issues and if it will even be fixed. I e-mailed their customer support about a month ago asking if there would be an update to fix the lagging and of course they denied knowing of any such issue. I am waiting to see what happens once its released before I make the decision to buy one.

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Do you need the small device + keyboard form factor? Or, do you just need a tablet?
Ever considered Win 8 or Apple?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I had to print out some stuff on a hotel computer last night running Win8 and I was ready to grind that bit... into the ground! Awful! Hated it! Talk about an absolutely non intuitive interface.
But maybe I'm just getting old....

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how many of these issues will be fixed once the JB 4.2 upgrade comes out? I believe Asus will also update the software besides releasing 4.2. Plus I wonder how much Asus knows of the lagging and other issues and if it will even be fixed. I e-mailed their customer support about a month ago asking if there would be an update to fix the lagging and of course they denied knowing of any such issue. I am waiting to see what happens once its released before I make the decision to buy one.

They know about the issues, but they won't acknowledge them (which is good business practice from a lawyers point of view, I guess).
4.2 seems to improve the performance of the TF300 -they got it a few weeks ago, but naturally there are problems too....

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
No I want a either a tablet and dock or a different type of tablet-laptop hybrid but when I went back to best buy today and messed with windows 8, I just don't like it and later after about a year or so when the iPad Mini has been out a while that's what I'll use for my carry everywhere tablet.
I'm just hoping things gt fixed and I doesn't really get discontinued and then I can just buy it again because for what I want its the best fit without going to windows because that's why I got that one in the first place was because I didn't want windows and that was before I knew that the widows 8 interface was the stupid blocks because I thought that was that phones and tablets, not all products.
Best Buy still carries the windows version of this Asus but again they told me that the droid one is being discontinued. Does anyone know if there's any truth behind it. And since they have to mail the rest of my money to me I can't re buy it from anywhere yet. If I do re buy it should I go thru best buy again if they still carry it, even if its just online? Any opinions or suggestions?

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Are you aware that the Windows 8 interface can access the more familiar 'desktop' interface? Just tap the "desktop" icon and it looks like the Windows 7 desktop. Next time you're at Best Buy, try it on a Windows 8 tablet.