Battery after update

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
ive read tons about cromi on the xda forums, it sounded like a dream come true when i first heard of it, but ive never flashed a rom, im not unlocked, and i have no idea what half the stuff in the process even means. i watched the video a user on xda posted and figured i could follow along, but i couldnt get it, id rather not risk bricking it and leaving it unusable.

as for reflashing android 4.1 id love to do that, i think maybe ill look at xda and see if i can find any tutorials as im not sure if it requires root which i dont have.

You do not need root to re-flash the stock rom. The link I had in my post a couple of posts before yours is for Tylor's step-by-step guide to manually flash the stock rom.
It just re-creates what any Asus update would do with your tablet. It's virtually impossible to brick your tablet flashing, or loading, or installing stock software. Different terms - same process.

It's good if you're a little intimidated at first. It makes you careful, which is the best first step. Read, read and then read again before you flash. And ask questions if you're not sure you understand completely.
I mean, that's the reason we spend time on these forums, right? To help each other out...
I was where you are just 5 months ago. If I can help, just let me know.
List the terms you do not understand and I'll try to explain.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
im happy to report that ive downgraded successfully to 4.1 and my battery life is once again perfect. the only issue is my cameras now dont work. there is an update that keeps popping up to upgrade my camera firmware but every time i try it fails. ive cold booted a few times, and when it restarts it tries to update the camera firmware but fails. my current camera version is listed as TTF700T-0xFFFFFFFF. any ideas what it could be?

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
This topic seems pretty dead, but I thought I post this anyway in case somebody checks this thread:

One of the devs at XDA explains the battery drain as a problem on JB 4.2 where when attached, the dock keeps waking the tablet from deep sleep to charge it. This constant waking depletes the tablet battery which causes the dock to charge it again, thereby waking the tablet from sleep, etc, etc

Makes a lot of sense to me and explains some odd behavior reported by others like the screen coming on when tablet/dock are closed. The only workaround is to either keep tablet and dock connected to the charger when not in use, or disconnecting the tablet from the dock when not connected to a charger.

Another user on XDA posted this:
If you reboot with the dock attached, then turn the tablet off (put it into sleep), there will be no battery drain.
I do not have this issue so I can't test it. Can anybody confirm this works?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
there is an update that keeps popping up to upgrade my camera firmware but every time i try it fails. ive cold booted a few times, and when it restarts it tries to update the camera firmware but fails. my current camera version is listed as TTF700T-0xFFFFFFFF. any ideas what it could be?

Sneakersislife, I don't know if this can help you or not regarding your camera, though maybe you are willing to try.

You know how in 4.2, the developer options have been hidden, and that you can access the developer section if you tap 7 times on Build Version.

Well, if you tap on Camera Version, also about 7-10 times (fast) then it brings up a screen where it looks like you can update 3 things, the third in the drop down menu is camera.
I haven't had a need to update/modify anything there and didn't want to mess anything up, since my camera works. However, if you're willing to try, could be it can help you get the version needed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL