Cold reset, reboot no longer works! Anybody else? Since last update?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know why my tablet no longer can perform a cold reboot? By holding the power and volume down buttons.Ive done it a few times before the last update. Now when I try to do it the white lettering in the top left says device driver not found. Then I get the dead android with the triangle. Have to hold the power button to get it back.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

idaute

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know why my tablet no longer can perform a cold reboot? By holding the power and volume down buttons.Ive done it a few times before the last update. Now when I try to do it the white lettering in the top left says device driver not found. Then I get the dead android with the triangle. Have to hold the power button to get it back.

MONDINGO,
The steps used in doing a cold reboot have changed slightly. You do as before and begin by holding down the power and volume down. When the three icons appear in the middle of your screen, you tap the volume down once more until the middle icon is illuminated. Then, you tap the volume up, and the tablet reboots. You can find more discussions on this at transformerforums.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the same happen to me, as right after I updated to newer os, I did a cold reboot, and it got stuck, I then did what idaute said above and was like phhhewww hehe

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
MONDINGO,
The steps used in doing a cold reboot have changed slightly. You do as before and begin by holding down the power and volume down. When the three icons appear in the middle of your screen, you tap the volume down once more until the middle icon is illuminated. Then, you tap the volume up, and the tablet reboots. You can find more discussions on this at transformerforums.

Awesome thanks for the update. So once I tap the volume up last, touch nothing else? It will do it on its own? Thank you!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

idaute

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Awesome thanks for the update. So once I tap the volume up last, touch nothing else? It will do it on its own? Thank you!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Yes to both your questions. Now, two from me. Did you try it? And, did it work?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes to both your questions. Now, two from me. Did you try it? And, did it work?

Just tried it. It worked! The only difference I saw was after hitting volume up in the upper left corner it no longer counts down from 10secs. It just says cold boot now. Is this correct? And thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.

idaute

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Just tried it. It worked! The only difference I saw was after hitting volume up in the upper left corner it no longer counts down from 10secs. It just says cold boot now. Is this correct? And thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.

Yes, that is how it works for me too.

jonathan cano

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
i do the step that was posted...but still not working..my os configuration stock up...what should i do...

- - - Updated - - -

i do the step that was posted...but still not working..my os configuration stock up...what should i do...
theres only 2 icons appears on the middle of the screen..

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have same problem here, for cold boot I pressed power + volume down and page hang up nothing responding.
please help.

What "page" is hung up?
What do you see if you press Volume Down and Power until you feel the tablet vibrate twice?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

KitCaliKit

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
IDAUTE, Thank you sooooooooooo much! It worked! (Your post: "The steps used in doing a cold reboot have changed slightly. You do as before and begin by holding down the power and volume down. When the three icons appear in the middle of your screen, you tap the volume down once more until the middle icon is illuminated. Then, you tap the volume up, and the tablet reboots. You can find more discussions on this at transformerforums.")..... This Asus transformer drives me crazy, can anyone recommend a better Android tablet with removeable keyboard?
-Kit

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
IDAUTE, Thank you sooooooooooo much! It worked! (Your post: "The steps used in doing a cold reboot have changed slightly. You do as before and begin by holding down the power and volume down. When the three icons appear in the middle of your screen, you tap the volume down once more until the middle icon is illuminated. Then, you tap the volume up, and the tablet reboots. You can find more discussions on this at transformerforums.")..... This Asus transformer drives me crazy, can anyone recommend a better Android tablet with removeable keyboard?
-Kit

There is none.
But you can try any tablet with a bluetooth keyboard.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

danakadroid

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
thanks plenty god i hope this works i've been thinking the original data must be corrupted i get :to "will cold boot in ten seconds" "signature checked" and then ...wait for it , wait for it.... nada.....then if i tried to power down . it just keeps rebooting into no icons but same text threatening to lynox cold boot in ten secs, signature check. so i've been trying to work out how to use the external drive icon with a view to losdin OS Jellybean..i should have enoughpower in 15 mins to try again.

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
thanks plenty god i hope this works i've been thinking the original data must be corrupted i get :to "will cold boot in ten seconds" "signature checked" and then ...wait for it , wait for it.... nada.....then if i tried to power down . it just keeps rebooting into no icons but same text threatening to lynox cold boot in ten secs, signature check. so i've been trying to work out how to use the external drive icon with a view to losdin OS Jellybean..i should have enoughpower in 15 mins to try again.

You cannot use Odin on this tablet. That's for Samsung devices!
Describe in more detail what happened, what you are trying to do and don't try something just because it worked on other devices. You could end up with a brick!

randygator

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
My TF700T would not complete it's boot up.
I get ASUS screen with circle of dots spinning.

I tried the cold boot, selected the android, pressed volume up, it says it is starting a cold boot and then same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

randygator

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
My TF700T would not complete it's boot up.
I get ASUS screen with circle of dots spinning.

I tried the cold boot, selected the android, pressed volume up, it says it is starting a cold boot and then same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Now tried the wipe data option, it said erasing, then same results, spinning dots.

elsebasto

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I cannot do fast boot on my TF700. I have tried RCK and Android modes and nothing. Also tried by using a clip on the reset button, nothing. It only shows the ASUS symbol with the points forming a cyrcle that can last for hours... it never starts. When I do the RCK method the following lines are shown:

"Booting recovery kernel image
signature match

then the Android icon appears with the message: "Installing updates" and a blue bar, but after a few seconds, the dead robot with the red exclamation mark and the message "Error". After a few minutes, it try to restart again and nothing happens.

I don´t really care about the device, so I don´t care if it never starts again, I just want to download some important data from the internal memory (I have never used an SD card on the tablet). This is why I have not try with the third button yet (wipe data). Does anyone knows if there is a way to access the memory for backup those data?

Thanks a lot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12