Downgrade from Android 4.2.1

clumpybug

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I'm sure this is a real newbie question, but here goes. . .

I got my Asus TF700 basically so I could use it as an emulator for NES and SNES games with a Wii remote connected. Worked great! :) Then I upgraded to 4.2.1. Now the Wiimote won't connect b/c it doesn't have a Bluetooth pass code. :( I've poked around on the internet for an hour or so, and it looks like there isn't any workaround. :'( So. . . it kind of looks like my only choice is to downgrade to 4.1.1. How do I do this? I haven't rooted my device or anything like that. I don't even know how. Where should I begin this process? Any and all help is appreciated!

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm sure this is a real newbie question, but here goes. . .

I got my Asus TF700 basically so I could use it as an emulator for NES and SNES games with a Wii remote connected. Worked great! :) Then I upgraded to 4.2.1. Now the Wiimote won't connect b/c it doesn't have a Bluetooth pass code. :( I've poked around on the internet for an hour or so, and it looks like there isn't any workaround. :'( So. . . it kind of looks like my only choice is to downgrade to 4.1.1. How do I do this? I haven't rooted my device or anything like that. I don't even know how. Where should I begin this process? Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks, Green_Laser :)

Just go to the Asus support website, download the 4.1.1 rom for your SKU (US, WW). The file you download may be a .zip which contains another .zip file - I'm not quite sure about that step. Look inside the the zip file, if it contains another zip, extract it once and put that zip file into the root of your SDcard ot microSD and boot into the stock recovery by holding down the Volume down key (let side of the rocker) while pressing the Power button - from a completely OFF state, naturally.

The stock recovery SHOULD recognize the downloaded rom and will probably ask you if you're sure you want to downgrade. Just answer: Yes.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad