Infinity won't start, just vibrating infinitely..

Leicesteruk

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi gurus,

Updated the OTA patch today from ASUS. worked fine but got discharged while my son was playing with it. charged it and then tried to start it. It just won't boot. Starts vibrating which will not stop. Nothing on the screen. Pressing on Power button for about 10 seconds will stop it for a moment but will start again to vibrate after a short pause.
Tried the manual reset button, same result. Finally, pressed the power and Volume up button for 10 seconds which has atleast made it stop vibrating but is still dead. Tried to restart and same behaviour.

Has anyone seen this on infinity before? Have had it for 9 months and never been a problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a deep sleep issue.
Kind of on the common side to experience this.
Try taking original charger, plug into good working outlet, and keep plugged in.
Try starting it while plugged in. Can leave it in for a while, let it charge more.
I might even conduct a cold boot, especially after an update.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Leicesteruk

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Tried as suggested but still the same issue. It just starts vibrating and nothing else. Tried connecting via HDMI cable but its not even registered, simply becoz its not even booted.

Any further suggestions?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Try to Use USB cable to pc.
Let the lower voltage try and wake up the battery. Let it sit a while.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi gurus,

Updated the OTA patch today from ASUS. worked fine but got discharged while my son was playing with it. charged it and then tried to start it. It just won't boot. Starts vibrating which will not stop. Nothing on the screen. Pressing on Power button for about 10 seconds will stop it for a moment but will start again to vibrate after a short pause.
Tried the manual reset button, same result. Finally, pressed the power and Volume up button for 10 seconds which has atleast made it stop vibrating but is still dead. Tried to restart and same behaviour.

Has anyone seen this on infinity before? Have had it for 9 months and never been a problem.

I am not entirely clear on the chain of events here...
Are you saying that you applied an OTA update (if so, which one?), re-started the tablet and it worked ok, but then your son drained it to the point of it turning itself off?
Or did the power failure occur during the OTA update? In that case you could have a corrupted system partition.

You could try the following:
Download the latest firmware from the Asus website, unzip the downloaded file once (the result should be another zip file) and place it in the root of a microSD card (meaning: not into any folder, just into the top directory of a FAT32 formatted microSD). Put the miroSD into the tablet.
Boot the tablet holding the Volume DOWN button and Power button at the same time for at least 5 second (the tab should vibrate twice).
You should see 3 symbols: RCK, Android and Wipe.
RCK (the stock recovery) is probably flashing or highlighted. If not, use the Volume DOWN button to select it (make sure you do NOT select WIPE!)
When RCK is selected, press Volume UP to boot into the stock recovery.
It should see the update you placed onto the microSD and start flashing it.
Good luck

Edit: also see this guide with download links for the JB 4.2.1 rom. I am a little surprised you got an update since Asus pulled the 4.2.1 version from their website and I have not heard of them releasing another update yet... That's why I would be curious to which OTA update you got.
What was your rom version before this OTA update?

http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...irmware-tf700-tf300-tf101-possibly-tf201.html

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

SolarPlexus

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happening to me. The only thing that will stop it from vibrating is to use the pinhole reset.
I was playing CSR Racing then it just shut off. Once I tried to turn it back on it went into vibration oblivion.
I have tried all of the suggestions I can find (including the ones here).
I will play around with it a little more - I REALLY don't want to go through the hassle of ASUS blaming me for their product faults - AKA the Warranty return process.

Asus_Fred

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok, will try that. Seems I might have to send it back to ASUS.

Were you able to try and hold the power button down for a longer period of time even past the point in which the unit vibrates? Also, there is a reset pin hole on the unit. If these suggestion have not work please send me a PM so that I can help you further.

Burner101

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just registered because I came up here because I have the same issue after I came back from a holiday.
The tab is completely empty and after a few hours of charging it keeps on vibrating. After pressed the power and vol. down button it stops (seems as the tab is in the menu for wiping etc.). Plugged it in via USB as Green_Laser suggested, and will try what happens later on. I don't see anything on the screen, even with HDMI plugged onto the TV no screen at all. The reset button will stop vibrating the tablet for a few seconds but than contiues vibrating...
I hope not to send the tab to Asus, my girlfriends tab was send to Asus and they damaged the tablet so we had to pay....

SolarPlexus

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was having the exact same problem. The only thing that worked for me was draining the battery completely down (so much that it wouldn't even vibrate any longer). Once I charged it even a little bit, it booted and worked. Things were even slower than I remembered so I did a factory reset. Its OK now.

stephchuv

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I was having the exact same problem. The only thing that worked for me was draining the battery completely down (so much that it wouldn't even vibrate any longer). Once I charged it even a little bit, it booted and worked. Things were even slower than I remembered so I did a factory reset. Its OK now.

I know it's an old thread, but had the same problem with my tf700 tonight. It shut down because of low power and when I plugged it in (with dock) started vibrating. Can't boot it now. As mentionned by others, only thing that stop the vibrating is reset pin hole or power+vol. Up, but tf700 won't boot and vibration starts again after 1 or 2 seconds. Will let it drain the battery overnigt (as suggested in last post) and hope it will charge normally and boot tomorow... Any other tips if that fails ?

EDIT : Just in case someone stumbles here with the same problem, draining the battery to the point it will stop vibrating, charging it for an hour or so, then power it on did work for me. You gotta love this tablet to put up with all this !!!

Last edited:

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
EDIT : Just in case someone stumbles here with the same problem, draining the battery to the point it will stop vibrating, charging it for an hour or so, then power it on did work for me. You gotta love this tablet to put up with all this !!!

ASUS gotta love us for putting up with this [high end] tablet!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using AC Forums mobile app

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Well yes, this tablet has it's problems (which completely disappear if you run it on a custom rom btw - but that's beside the point).
You can hardly fault the manufacturer for weird problems if you run the tablet until it runs out of juice!
That's like pulling the plug on a running computer. The OS is performing all kinds of read/write operations all the time and if in the middle of it, the rug just get's pulled out - be grateful it starts up at all! The whole file system could be corrupted!
And it's not that it doesn't give you a low battery warning well before this happens, right?
You cannot engineer for irresponsible user behavior!
And yes - I've done this myself. But I don't blame Asus for it....

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Btw, for those who haven't rooted and flashed a custom rom yet, you guys are really missing out, it's much better

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using AC Forums mobile app

anon(3586387)

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem. Will try your suggestions so I can get this up an running to sell. Bought a new Samsung S tablet after my last bout with Asus - they kept the tablet for 6 weeks and then told me they needed $300 to fix it. Not throwing good money after bad to try to fix this again. Samsung tab S is fantastic.

Abhishek Mali

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi gurus,

vikas karyani

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
i have solution for it

Hi gurus,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel