Custom ROM?

SirTrout

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a stock ROM and rooted it to remove the bloatware from Asus. Thinking of a complete wipe and put a custom ROM on, partly to reduce the lag we have but also there are some Asus apps still here I can't remove.

So what ROM do you use and love ?

Does it have the lags ?
What is that ROM's drawback ?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a stock ROM and rooted it to remove the bloatware from Asus. Thinking of a complete wipe and put a custom ROM on, partly to reduce the lag we have but also there are some Asus apps still here I can't remove.

Does it have the lags ?
What is that ROMs drawback ?

I would take some time to find what ROMs are available for your Tablet. Have you tried either a different launcher or went into Developers Options and turned down Window, Animations, and Transition scales down to .5 to reduce your lag?

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Does it have the lags ?
What is that ROM's drawback ?

If you are looking for stability go for CROMi-X. It's based on the stock Asus ROM, but tweaked and improved to the wazoo. It turns this tablet into a power horse, unleashes the potential the hardware has. Since it is based on stock, everything just works. The developer, sbdags, is incredibly dedicated (support is AA++) and makes this the most popular ROM for the TF700.

If you are looking for customizability go for the CynogenMod (CM) roms. They are build from the ground up, need more maintenance and workarounds.

Disadvantages? You loose your warranty since you have to unlock the tablet. Other than that it's pure bliss :)

Have you tried TitaniumBackup to remove unwanted apps? Cannot imagine there is something TiBu cannot handle..??
Do make a backup though before you remove anything!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

rhauer

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I to would like to Root, however Im not really sure where to start. The lag has become unbelievable, at times, its barely usable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800