Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Default A Positive Asus Service Experience

I recently had to RMA my TF700T to Asus for warranty repair. I was very concerned by the large number of negative reviews I had read regarding Asus repair services problems not being fixed, new problems introduced, damage induced during repair, etc. I was fortunate not to experience any of these so I felt that I should relate a positive experience.

I had a problem where a strip in the middle of the display would not respond to touches which was then made worse by the phantom touch issue occurring up and down that strip. Not a s/w problem, the digitizer was faulty (I did full resets, etc to see if there was a s/w problem). Ive had the tablet for 11 months so it was still under the 1 year warranty. I contacted Asus and within 2 days I had an RMA number. I shipped it UPS 2-day delivery, insured, to the Texas facility. I got the tablet back via FedEx exactly two weeks later and after testing it out Id have to say its in perfect condition the original problem was fixed and nothing new was introduced. They apparently did not touch the s/w or f/w as it was still at 4.2.1 and Developer Options was still enabled. For me at least, the repair process was a very positive experience. I'm not questioning the problems that others have related, just noting that not every experience with Asus service is negative.

Dave
    Banned

Default Re: A Positive Asus Service Experience

That's great to hear! Usually customer service with Asus is sub-par at best, but it looks like you had a wonderful experience! Have fun with the tablet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
    That's great to hear! Usually customer service with Asus is sub-par at best, but it looks like you had a wonderful experience! Have fun with the tablet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
    It's the nature of forums like this that problems are what get accentuated so sometimes you get a skewed view. That may or may not be the case with Asus service but the preponderance of negative reviews was so great that I almost said to heck with it, I'll just get a new tablet and dump the TF700T. I'm very glad that I didn't because for just the price of shipping I have a tablet that is like new.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparksd View Post
    I recently had to RMA my TF700T to Asus for warranty repair. I was very concerned by the large number of negative reviews I had read regarding Asus repair services problems not being fixed, new problems introduced, damage induced during repair, etc. I was fortunate not to experience any of these so I felt that I should relate a positive experience.

I had a problem where a strip in the middle of the display would not respond to touches which was then made worse by the phantom touch issue occurring up and down that strip. Not a s/w problem, the digitizer was faulty (I did full resets, etc to see if there was a s/w problem). Ive had the tablet for 11 months so it was still under the 1 year warranty. I contacted Asus and within 2 days I had an RMA number. I shipped it UPS 2-day delivery, insured, to the Texas facility. I got the tablet back via FedEx exactly two weeks later and after testing it out Id have to say its in perfect condition the original problem was fixed and nothing new was introduced. They apparently did not touch the s/w or f/w as it was still at 4.2.1 and Developer Options was still enabled. For me at least, the repair process was a very positive experience. I'm not questioning the problems that others have related, just noting that not every experience with Asus service is negative.

Dave
    Glad to hear that you've had a positive experience with our service and would like to thank you for sharing this experience with this community. If you have any further feedback/comments/questions feel free to contact me at cl-fred@asus.com

ROM
    CROMi-X

It's the nature of forums like this that problems are what get accentuated so sometimes you get a skewed view. That may or may not be the case with Asus service but the preponderance of negative reviews was so great that I almost said to heck with it, I'll just get a new tablet and dump the TF700T. I'm very glad that I didn't because for just the price of shipping I have a tablet that is like new.
    +1 for that! If you read the forums for any device you mostly find the horror stories and negative experiences some users had. Honestly - how many people take the time to write a post if they are perfectly happy and had a great experience?
    Just going by forum posts there probably is not a single tech company in the world you would want to buy from
    I commend you and thank you @sparksd for posting this.

Although I am mad at Asus for a lousy software implementation on great (and pricey) hardware, forcing me to unlock and run an optimized ROM tweaked by smart people in their spare time in a way that should make the Asus developers cover their heads in shame, I still think Asus is one of the better tech companies around.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Dave
    That's awesome you had a great experience with the repair service

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4