1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I use this every day

Just thought I'd put a current psuedo-review of the tablet on here....
    I've used this thing every day for 6 months and haven't had a problem.
    I've been bummed that there haven't been updates, but my son's Nexus 7 was just updated to Kit Kat and there's literally no discernible difference. While I know that there have been issues for numerous users, I find the tablet to be very useful. Every program I want to run has run, and that's what matters. While on the road, I can hotspot with my Maxx HD, VPN into the office with the Transformer and RDP into my desktop. Pretty much what I wanted. While at home or office, I leave it on for easy access/notification of email, both to my corporate Gmail and to another Exchange account. Surf with Chrome night and day, view photos through the Gallery software or Google Photos (whateve it's called now). Numerous games that I or my son use. Drama-free use.

Anyhow, just wanted to get a post up that there's at least one person who owns a TF700 and is happy to use it. Stock even.

Just wish I could find a perfect case for it.

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: I use this every day

That's good news! Thanks for sharing. I tried a bunch of TF700's and none of them worked out for me but I'm glad yours is working for you.
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

I use mine every day too now that I flashed CROMi-X - now it works great and is a pleasure to really use. I hadn't been plagued by severe lagging like others but random reboots occurring even when not in use drove me nuts and kept me away from using it much. But with CROMi-X I now have excellent stability and better performance.

I've been a detractor of the TF700 and finally couldn't take it. The damn thing was going to work or serious measures were going to be taken (sale, flash it, throw it off bridge) so I did a factory restore nd I'm finding it actually usable. Stock browser is fine, mail has always been decent and still is but I just haven't loaded it up with every app under the sun as before. It's went up a notch in my ratings.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Good for you!

I just saw this listed on somebodies (magazine or website) top 10 list for 2014... Among all the other tablets out there, they still thought the screen quality / cpu were worth mentioning among other tablets like Nexus 2013, Samsung Tab 3 and others.

Used mine daily since Xmas '12 - All of the apps worked and it does what I need it do. I love the fact I can plug my M$ mouse in and it just works!!

Had noticed it was starting to slow down a bit, so I enabled Developer options and restricted the number of processes, turned on Don't keep Activities. I also rooted and ROMd it for fun