Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

What is the best MicroSD that will definitely work with the TF700T? I'm looking for something with at least 32gb capacity. I've heard that some of the newer high speed cards are a problem.

I got a 32GB SD card for my dock and have had nothing but problems. I don't know if it is a problem with the dock or the card. I suspect the dock, since I have had nothing but problems with it, but I don't know for sure. The SD card has to be inserted about a dozen times before it will finally mount. The pop-up will appear in the bottom right corner, but disappear in less than a second, and the card isn't mounted. I've tried going into the settings and hitting mount external storage but the same things happens.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by crazigee; 03-17-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Dev Alliance Sense 5.0

Default Re: Best MicroSD

Well I have a 64GB SanDisk on my third one, the first one just crapped out on me, my Mac corrupted my second one now I'm on my third so far no problems, now on the 32GB side Samsung & SanDisk are top dogs I've had 4 32GB SanDisk no issues what do ever until that damn Mac, just be wary of Kingston theirs are a miss or hit. I bought a buy one get one free deal and one didn't work right out the pack the second worked fine. Also I can't judge PNY micro SD card since I never owned one. JUST STAY AWAY FROM KINGSTON

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by PhyscoAssassinX View Post
    Well I have a 64GB SanDisk on my third one, the first one just crapped out on me, my Mac corrupted my second one now I'm on my third so far no problems, now on the 32GB side Samsung & SanDisk are top dogs I've had 4 32GB SanDisk no issues what do ever until that damn Mac, just be wary of Kingston theirs are a miss or hit. I bought a buy one get one free deal and one didn't work right out the pack the second worked fine. Also I can't judge PNY micro SD card since I never owned one. JUST STAY AWAY FROM KINGSTON

Thanks for letting me know about the Kingston.

Is that a particular class of card that works better than others? I've heard the newer ultra high speed cards can be problematic.

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Dev Alliance Sense 5.0

The higher the class the faster the transfer speed so class 10 here's a diagramBest MicroSD-uploadfromtaptalk1395083914129.jpg

Thanked by:

I've always used SanDisk (8,16,32 and now 64gb Ultra) and never had any problems.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I've always used SanDisk (8,16,32 and now 64gb Ultra) and never had any problems.
    Are you using a microSD in the tablet or SD in the dock?

Posted using my BlackBerry Z10 via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by PhyscoAssassinX View Post
    The higher the class the faster the transfer speed so class 10 here's a diagramClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1395083914129.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	405.3 KB 
ID:	108266

No problems with compatability regardless of class?

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Dev Alliance Sense 5.0

Not that I know of my 32 was a class 4 and my 64 a class 10

Quote Originally Posted by crazigee View Post
    Are you using a microSD in the tablet or SD in the dock?

My fault. I went back and re-read your originall post. I thought you was refering to smartphones SD cards

Quote Originally Posted by crazigee View Post
    What is the best MicroSD that will definitely work with the TF700T? I'm looking for something with at least 32gb capacity. I've heard that some of the newer high speed cards are a problem.

I got a 32GB SD card for my dock and have had nothing but problems. I don't know if it is a problem with the dock or the card. I suspect the dock, since I have had nothing but problems with it, but I don't know for sure. The SD card has to be inserted about a dozen times before it will finally mount. The pop-up will appear in the bottom right corner, but disappear in less than a second, and the card isn't mounted. I've tried going into the settings and hitting mount external storage but the same things happens.

What is the brand of the card? Please be careful as there are many fakes sold these days. If the price is to cheap to believe, then be careful of it being a fake.
    LG-isai
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by dctokyo View Post
    What is the brand of the card? Please be careful as there are many fakes sold these days. If the price is to cheap to believe, then be careful of it being a fake.
    Are you asking for the brand of SD card I'm using in my dock or the brand of microSD in the tablet?