Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Got my TF701 last night

So far pretty pleased, much more smoother and faster than my 700. The additional RAM and faster CPU is noticable and a much nicer experiance. It's snappy but does lurches every now and then, not much at all but nothing to really complain about. I do say it does run circles around my 700 which is rooted and has the cromxi ROM.

Plus's
    - 802 dual band wifi
    - USB 3
    - updated Blutooth
    - speaker is louder, still lame but better than the 700
    - Asus didn't screw with stock Android "too" much, still bloat but nowhere near as much as others like Samsung.

Cons'
    - Keyboard dock is plastic and a bit "tinnier" than the 700, works but it went down in quality IMO
    - Different proprietary charging/usb cord, very lame

All in all I'm glad I got it and I'm happy. v4.2.2 of Android is a bit smoother and is noticably faster. I really thought hard about this, almost went with new Nexus 10 coming out but damn, for my purposes the keyboard dock is what is keeping me with it. I got rid of my Lappy some time ago and the transformer setup is sweet when I need to RDP into a Windows server/workstation. Using a USB serial dongle I also connect into hardware and honestly this setup really fits my needs to a tee. I really do wish another company would come up with something simular.

Anyway is it worth the upgrade, yep.

Sent from my Android Tablet w/ Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Got my TF701 last night

Thanks for sharing. Do you have any dead pixels? I went through 5 TF700s in early '12 trying to get one without dead pixels. I was never successful.

G Pro
    Live long and prosper.

I've had mine for nearly 2 weeks now, and while it is the first transformer I've had, it is the second 10" tablet I've had. I have had issues with some random lag, which usually results in random restarts. There have been times I am in an app that begins to hang and then restarts. I had an interesting issue the other day where it went into a restart loop after a random reboot. Did that for about 10 minutes until I took out the external SD card and it started up.

The screen is great resolution, but sometimes flickers and shows lines like the image is being redrawn very quickly and stutters for a second. So far this only seems to happen when I am using the keyboard though.

The keyboard is a nice feature, but it seems like the tablet forgets it if I don't touch the keyboard for a while. It won't recognize the mouse or keyboard input. I then have to disconnect and reconnect it to get the functionality back. I've also had an issue where I will be scrolling with the trackpad and it closes the app I am in. I don't know if there is some multitouch input that signals a "home" input, but it happens quite frequently and gets to be very, very irritating.

I did see on one of the other Android blogs that the 4.3 update is already scheduled for this Monday, November 18, but I will believe that when I see it (my last tabel was an Acer, and updates took forever to roll out to everyone, even after the update started).

Posted via Android Central App