Door Stop?

zinvestor

May 19, 2012
Visit site
My 3yo unrooted TF201 hangs on boot screen with dots running in circles for hours both before and after 'factory reset'. I'm assuming I now have an expensive door stop. Next question is replacement. I can have new TF201, new TF701, Google Nexus 9, or Google Nexus 10 all for prices in the same relative ballpark. Can also get Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 for $150 more. What to get and why would be appreciated. Yeah, I know Nexus 9 runs Lollipop, but neither Nexus has micro sd card slot so that's a strike against.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The lack of SD card would eliminate them for me, regardless of the fact that Android is originally written for the Nexus.

ASUS would also eliminate a device for me - I've spoken to what they call "tech support" - my 9 year old neighbor knows more about Android devices than they do, and she has an iPhone.

Samsung makes pretty good devices - I'm running a couple of Note 3s now. Have been for 16 months. No complaints other than the usual ones from a systems designer ("I would have done this that way instead" kind of things) and the welded-shut bootloaders on AT&T and Verizon.