ASUS Zenfone 2 : US Release ?

FryGuy66

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Any word on a U.S. release? Will it be available unlocked and off contract? Carrier subsidised?

Posted via the Android Central App

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: U.S. release?

It should be available unlocked for $199 in March in the US. I doubt it will be sold on contract with any carrier, though.

naughtyca

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

whats the difference of waiting us release and buying phone from Taiwan now thru Ebay on trusted sites? not talking about bs on might fraud transaction. I'm talking about the phone itself

thanks

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

whats the difference of waiting us release and buying phone from Taiwan now thru Ebay on trusted sites? not talking about bs on might fraud transaction. I'm talking about the phone itself

thanks

I think the radio bands the phone operates on would likely be different, meaning it wouldn't be optimized for the US carriers. There also might be some UI differences.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

thanks

Look up Mayiandjay on youtube. He has some unboxing and hands on with the Zenfone2. He's using it on T-Mobile and pulled 32Mbps down on one speed test so it's working on LTE here in the US.

SharkyNY

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

That's a pleasant surprise. I thought that it only had 3 LTE bands (none which would work here), but after seeing that I'm really encouraged. The ebay seller that Jay bought it from actually lists more bands, so it seems like there really aren't going to be region specific models. Think I might just get one imported and call it a day.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I read in the comments of the YouTube review that it will come to the US at the end of April or beginning of May. A person from Asus North America said so.

anon(5316299)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The Taiwan version supports lte bands 2 and 4. That works on both att and tmo, but it doesn't have band 12 (tmo) or band 17 (att). Neither are currently active in my area so I went with the Taiwan version.