Very disappointed with the Zenfone 2-Do not disturb feature missing

deepakvrao

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 2 as my wife's Zenfone 5 had a feature that I really needed. The 'do not disturb' feature was so customisable, but the feature itself is not there in the Zenfone 2. Am I missing something? Any good app that does a similar job?

You could set groups and customise which groups calls would ring.

Last edited:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Very disappointed with the Zenfone 2

Is your wife's phone running 5.0 or a Kitkat version? I don't have a Zenfone yet to see if Asus has made any changes to the default Lollipop behavior, but in Android 5.0, "do not disturb" was replaced with "Interruptions." This no longer allows you to set a specific group to exclude or allow. However, you can use your Favorite Contact list as a group to allow. So, the only workaround is to configure your Favorite Contacts as exactly the people you want to allow to be able to contact you in this mode.

You can set your Favorite Contacts to be allowed in settings under Interrruptions, which is under Display settings - Sounds and Notification. You will see a line that says "Allowed Contacts" and you can choose it there. Again, I don't have a Zenfone, so these are general 5.0 settings and I don't know yet if Asus has changed anything. But it's possible your wife's phone was not yet on lollipop OS when you saw the old style Do Not Disturb feature.

There are several Do Not Disturb apps in the Play Store which you can try out as well. I haven't used any of them so will not make a recommendation, but some have good ratings. So do a search there.

AceofZeroz

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I bought the 2 as my wife's Zenfone 5 had a feature that I really needed. The 'do not disturb' feature was so customisable, but the feature itself is not there in the Zenfone 2. Am I missing something? Any good app that does a similar job?

You could set groups and customise which groups calls would ring.

Quite the misleading title if it's only about a feature that was taken out for the first android 5.0 release, then later re-added in later versions. :p;)

Sent from the Ace's MB865 using Tapatalk

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

I also meant to mention, like Ace said, that you should really change the title of your thread to something appropriate to your question. I also think it's way overboard to say you are very disappointed with a phone because of one specific setting. I expected to see a detailed review of the phone when I opened this post or at least one or two very major problems you were experiencing that prevented basic functioning of the phone.

Instead, you listed one non-Zenfone-specific setting that it didn't have as the sole reason for your deep disappointment in the entire phone. If you are going to buy a phone for one specific setting, you should make sure it's even supposed to have that setting in the first place. If you don't, your disappointment belongs elsewhere.

deepakvrao

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Hi,

Yes hers is on Kitkat. I realize that Lollipop has these changes but I had seen a review of the 2 which had shown that the Asus 'do not disturb' was still there in the Lollipop version too.

I have not found a single do not disturb app which works well in Lollipop. Any suggestions?

deepakvrao

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Yes, maybe the title was a bit over the top, but I was pretty pissed. Like I said, this is one REALLY important feature for me. I had seen a review online which said that the 2 had the feature.

Any alternative app which works well?

The problem with Lollipop is hat you can have only one group of contacts ringing thru. In the old Zenfone 5, I could set separate groups. For example a particular group for night, a different group when I'm out on a cycle ride etc.

deepakvrao

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Did you try this one already? ]

It says you can white list contacts with different lists for at least night and day (don't know if you can make more lists) and there have been some lollipop fixes. Haven't tried myself so if that doesn't work, I'll leave it to others to suggest.

Doesn't work. Even when I set it to ring for only my 'cycling' contacts, it allows all calls thru. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but been trying that since yesterday.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance