Compatible with T-Mobile?

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm very interested in this phone and would like to buy it, but does it work on T-Mobile's LTE network?

I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It works fine on T-Mobile's LTE network. The Taiwan version doesn't include band 12, so be cautious of that though.

Posted via the Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The US version won't have band 12 either. For most people that's not a problem and only a few of TMO's phones support it. But if that's something important to someone, no Zenfone 2 model supports it. But yes, it is compatible with T-mobile LTE major bands.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The US version won't have band 12 either. For most people that's not a problem and only a few of TMO's phones support it. But if that's something important to someone, no Zenfone 2 model supports it. But yes, it is compatible with T-mobile LTE major bands.

Okay, good to know I didn't make a mistake by getting the Taiwan version.

That being said, I haven't noticed any difference in signal between this and my Note 4, which does include band 12.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay, good to know I didn't make a mistake by getting the Taiwan version.

That being said, I haven't noticed any difference in signal between this and my Note 4, which does include band 12.

I live in an area that is blocked from band 12 because of a TV station so it doesn't matter for me personally. But if TMO people are curious where band 12 is active, here is a decent map below. It's the pink areas minus the red circles and green (although green will eventually convert). To be clear, band 12 is to improve coverage but most of these areas already have coverage under prior existing LTE bands. I have great coverage in my area without band 12 even though it is in a pink area (with an unfortunate red circle). Map of T-Mobile's 700 MHz spectrum - Spectrum Gateway

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 6 and in the area that I live band 12 is live and works very well. I was going to get the Zen2 as a backup. Thanks for the response.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm very interested in this phone and would like to buy it, but does it work on T-Mobile's LTE network?

The U.S. model is completely compatible with T-Mobile and AT&T. I did my review while using T-Mobile and had not a single issue with networking.

wezi427

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
That's great! I'm thinking I'm going to order one.