How is zenfone 2 when compared to Nexus 5??

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys
I am going to buy a new phone within this week. Please tell me how's zenfone 2 against Nexus 5 as nexus is considered as one of the best phones of all time but as u all know it has been discontinued so should I go for a nexus or zenfone 2??

Wilbur Lin

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
According to Antutu, the benchmarks of both devices are pretty similar.If you're there for the pure Android experience or having the rom-switching pleasure, then do Nexus 5. Otherwise, from my limited time with both phones, I would say go for the ZF2 for its larger RAM, better camera, and newer processor (though not necessarily/noticeably faster). I don't have a strong memory regarding N5's battery life - but just here to say that though some reviews suggested otherwise, ZF2 has wonderful battery life. My ZF2 always last more than a day even under heavy usage.

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Well thanks and one thing I would like to ask is hows the OS support from Asus, as recently zenfone 4,5,6 lollipop update has been delayed so that is concerning me a bit!!!!

shn'g

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I am coming from a nexus 5. The main reason I switched was for dual sim and this phone had all the features I wanted. It really depends on you and what you like. I am not going to knock the nexus line because I really think they are great phones. Having said that I like the Zenfone 2 better than my nexus. The bigger screen is great, battery life is way better. The only thing I miss is NFC but that's only cause I am cheap and got the lower end model.

As far as support for updates goes I can only say my experience so far. Since I have had it in a month and a half there has been at least 3 updates. Asus has worked hard to fix bugs and small problems and I have noticed a difference with many things so I hope that helps. In the future getting updates nexus will always be first to update major jumps to the OS so again that's what you want more.

Wilbur Lin

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I have been using Asus products for quite some time (from my first PC I bought 12 years ago though this isn't relevant...) I would say they normally do an okay job. Their earlier products - those before the debut of ZenUI - received updates relatively fast. I remember their transformer series were always one of the earliest to receive updates. Recently, I think they're slightly slower in terms of OS upgrades but support is still fast and security updates or minor tweaks still come often. I'm a ZenFone 5 owner so I was one of those waiting for the lollipop upgrade (not anymore!!). Though the delay may have been frustrating, it's already an rare case for an Asian budget phone being confirmed to get lollipop. I'd say I'm still rather confident that the ZF2 will get adequate support but won't always be the fastest for OS upgrades.

Posted from my Asus ZenFone 2 via the Android Central App

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I would go for the Nexus 5. But I like stock android better than skins. Also keep in mind that the Nexus 5 might not get official updates past M when it's released in October. But I'm sure it will continue to get support (new versions of android) from the devs over at XDA for quite some time since Nexus devices are relatively easy to support compared to non-nexus devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2