Zenfone 2 Not Charging and Can't be open

nivek142

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi i i have my phone charged until 90% before i leave the office using the provided charger. then it works totally fine until i got home and i need to get some data from my phone and pass it to the computer using cable i bought from a store i plug it in a 3.0 usb (color blue) but before i use it the phone suddenly turn off and I can't open it anymore and it's not charging!!! please help me on this asap. :( i just recently bought this 2 weeks ago

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Please ensure to use the bundled AC power adapter and micro-USB cable to charge your device. If not using the 18w Boostmaster adapter it will require longer charge. Please see ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
Once powered we recommend to check for latest firmware update.
For online assistance please see the following:
ZenFone Quick Service - ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Self-Service-
FAQ - Phone | ZenFone 2 (ZE551ML) | ASUS USA

If still unable to power on it may require RMA service.

Sincerely
ASUS_USA

nivek142

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I can't still open my phone and it's not having light(Determines if the phone is charging). this is my 2nd problem of this phone. if this continue... you should check you devices. Thank you. btw i bought this from Philippines from Asus store

nivek142

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi just an update on this my phone works already after i went to a technician and i watch the whole process. He just basically do technician stuff the chip where the usb cable go and then he said that the reason of the this issue usually by playing while charging which i do too and inserting the cable in a wrong way which damge the chip. Now that it's working my next problem is that the sim 1 slot is not reading any sim cards but the sim card 2 slot works totally fine

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the technician broke your Sim card slot fixing your charging issue.

Probably should have dealt with the charging issue with Asus warranty , now that it's been opened that's gone.

Man li

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
i also have a problem with my Zenfone 2 it takes 7 hours to charge and jumps battery life while using the battery it jumped from from 50% to 0 in 10 seconds i have contacted asus to solve this but the wouldnt because my phone was purchased in china

hardik jani2

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I bought this just before 10days it Worked properly for 10 days and Today when i connected my device with Pc my cell phone suddenly turned off and since then m trying to charge my device fr hours its not responding at all not even shows that battery percentage while charging when cell is switched off. So pls revert me what should i do to start my cell

bembo02

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Had the same exact problem. I went to ASUS PH service center (SM Annex) they said it's a common issue for Zenfone 2 and it will take them 3-5 days to fix. I decided not use yet the warranty service because they will also reformat the phone by default. I want my phone to get fix in front of me and in no time so i can watch the whole process. Could help advise?

SYTH3R

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi nivek142,

Use OEM cables for charging your device or to use to connect it to your laptop.

Other cables might malfunction.

thefaixan

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi Friends can You tell What Technician actually did .. Did he opened the phone and washed it or any thing you remember please Contact me on ( Facebook.com/thefaixan )

Joy Pepper

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
i have the same problem just now. i want to go to the service center but my receipt is not on my name. i ask someone to uy it for me so the receipt is name after him. can somebody tell me if they will still grant my warranty even my name is not on the receipt???

TamiaD

May 9, 2016
Visit site
My ASUS Zenfone 2e is not charging or turning on. It had a image of a battery with a question mark in it. How do I fix it or do I need another one????