Just curious if anyone's run into any app crashes yet. I've run into two:

Starbucks app crashes in the Rewards tab
Brother iPrint crashes instantly when trying to scan
Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery Intel version from Humble Bundle

Anyone run into anything else?

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Verified the same crash with Starbucks app. Suspect its the app itself and will require an update when it becomes available. For helpful tips with basic troubleshooting techniques for your device's software and hardware issues recommend using ASUS ZenUI app called ASUS Support. ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-

Best regards
ASUS_USA

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
This one's not a crash but the YouTube app has a problem with audio being out of sync on all videos. It seems to be caused by a slight delay of the video around half a second after loading. I uninstalled all app updates and it's there for the factory app also.

I haven't seen this in other video apps and YouTube works OK in Chrome.

Anybody else see this?

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue with the stock camera app crashing. I would try and zoom and it would lockup and get really hot. Not sure if it was due to location or not, but looked like GPS was frozen on.

Unfortunately it was during a concert.. :(

Posted via my HTC Desire Eye

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
So this one isn't a crash but seems like a bug with how MicroSD card storage is handled. Lollipop introduces a new way to grant permission for apps to access folders on MicroSD cards. Unfortunately it looks like the dialog box on this phone does not recognize SD cards so there's no way to grant access to any folder on a MicroSD card. In an app like Eyefi Mobi for example, it looks like there's no way to select MicroSD cards at all even though it does work on other phones.

This file selector dialog actually has a toggle that says Show/Hide SD cards. Selecting it only toggles Internal Storage on and off so it looks like it thinks internal storage is the SD card and MicroSD cards do not show at all.

Anyone know how to send feedback on this phone software to Asus? I'm running into a lot of these little bugs, I'm probably just gonna switch to an LG G4 at this point.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how to send feedback on this phone software to Asus?

Use the Asus Support app. There's a Contact Us option there.

I've had some crashes with Google Play Store and Google+ Photos (the new one). Also had a launcher crash, where the notification panel wouldn't swipe down--had to reboot.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I can't get Power Saver to open. it always crashes when trying. other random apps sometimes crash, but that's been the major issue.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Lucky :(. On my Zenfone as soon as I hit play it instantly crashes.

I played about 10 minutes of one show and then briefly watched a few others. It's weird how it will work on one phone and not another of the same brand and model. I'm going to try out the fox now app and see what happens.

Edit: I d/l the fox now app and had no problems. I let it play the show Wayward Pines and cycle through several commercial breaks.
I have the 4gb with the 2.3 processor so I wonder if there is a difference that would affect apps. I don't think you mentioned which model you have.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith