text message pop up notifications started on their own. how do i stop it?

louiscolford

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I have an asus zenfone 2 running Android 5.0. The phone was running normal but since yesterday when I receive a text message i get a pop black box at the bottom of the screen (see screen print attached)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-28-16-44-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-28-16-44-22.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 23

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, try going into your messaging app settings (tap the three vertical dots) and turn off the pop up black box. I'm not sure what they would call that, maybe quick view or some such.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That looks like a widget from a RAM manager app. I can see you have Clean Master in your phone, maybe that's the culprit. If you have set that app (or any other of this kind) to clear your ram maybe you should consider disabling it. They could do more harm than good.

Or maybe that box is a built in feature in your phone.

louiscolford

May 29, 2015
Visit site
so i forced stop clean master and diabled notifications, that's not it. won't let me uninstall it as came from factory.

i use GO SMS for texting but uninstalled that, same pop up. On the default messaging app i have notifications disabled.
this is frustating. but i appreciate any help

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That black pop up has the same layout and position than the error messages from some apps. That's strange.

You could try to clear cache for your stock messaging app. Have you disabled the notifications for that app? Check that all notifications for sms are on, even in the lock screen, and see if that pop up still comes.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Try to remember if you downloaded a new app recently or if there was any update (apps or system). And in your messaging app make sure that you have delivery and read reports switched off.

What happens if tap or long press on that pop up?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I do think you must have some third party app causing that. I don't get those at all and I have notifications turned on and all the report boxes checked. Now this is on the US 551ML version of the phone so I can't be certain that your phone behaves exactly the same if t's a different model. But if it just started and wasn't always there, it's likely another app you'll have to track down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith