Battery Life Issues

nscian12

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,
So I am very very confused about the battery life on this device. I see some people getting somewhere around 3-4 hours of screen on time and I can barely get 2. My gps is off, brightness is at like 40%, I am using the google now launcher, using wifi as much as possible, I never play games on my phone and all useless settings are turned off. I use android wear but that shouldn't be super ridiculous, and it's not showing up as using a lot on the battery life app. I only have one email address synced and I'm running on AT&T. I use the stock charger. I am very confused, I have cleared the cache but I am not too keen on doing a factory reset. Can someone help me please?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
You get 2 hours of screen on time, but how much of standby?
I know that the battery app doesn't say what you used, just what it predicts but maybe use GSam and get back to us with a screen shot and the end of your charge tomorrow and we can help better.
(I'll still take a screen shot of the battery app built in to your phone and check what's high on the list but hey GSam too please)

Posted via the Android Central App

nscian12

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My phone gets maybe 7 hours of standby time. I have not gone a day without charging it part of the way through the day. If I leave it over night though it decreases maybe 7% which is what's weird

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just returned my phone back to B&H. The wifi was sucking the battery insanely. I tried everything even factory reset to no avail. I am getting a replacement though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-29-22-29-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-29-22-29-45.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 47

nscian12

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue with my WiFi, however that has been a thing with a lot of my android 5.0 phones

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I disabled clean master and Dr. Safety or whatever it is called. That is it.

I will post results later. I just got gsam going and fully charged it.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
My first 10 hours on battery have been bad. I don't want to judge it yet though on the first cycle. Most of it was overnight with no use. With less than one hour screen on time, at the very lowest brightness setting, using just email and chrome, I'm at 61%. This was after disabling or uninstalling all extra apps and setting it up like my Note 3, which only uses about 15% battery in the same circumstances.

Edit: Btw, in GSAM, it was Android OS that was using 66% and the next highest thing was email at 1.9%. I just cold booted and cleared the cache partition and am recharging now before I leave home (thankful for that quick charge) so I'll see how the rest of today goes and then troubleshoot.

Last edited:

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Because this is on 5.0, it still suffers the battery drain bugs that plagued the initial Lollipop release. That's why Android OS is showing such a high percentage. I expect if we ever get 5.1.1 some of that will go away, but who knows?

Posted via the Android Central App on my Asus ZenFone 2

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Because this is on 5.0, it still suffers the battery drain bugs that plagued the initial Lollipop release. That's why Android OS is showing such a high percentage. I expect if we ever get 5.1.1 some of that will go away, but who knows?

Posted via the Android Central App on my Asus ZenFone 2

If that is what it is related to, Asus should be able to fix it without having to wait for 5.1 or later because my Note 3 is on 5.0 and I get 7 hours screen on time over a 24 hour period on a battery that is over a year old. And the Note 3 has a slightly bigger display and I use it much more intensively than just email and internet. To be fair, the Note 3 battery is 3200mAh but with the other factors, it should be about even with the Zenfone 2.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm averaging 4 hours and 10 minutes of SOT time with 12 hours of usage (according to GSAM). This is with about a month of cycles as well. No complaints here with battery.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Having a good battery day in my first full day. Will easily hit 4 hours of SOT. Will post the screen shot later tonight.

Posted via my ZenFone 2!

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
There is a setting in WiFi that you have to uncheck. Otherwise, the WiFi is still on in the background for apps to scan for location. Go in WiFi. Tap the 3 dots. Select Advance. Uncheck the selection.

About Android OS being high on the battery consumption, I think that should be expected. With the tap-to-wake feature, the phone is never fully asleep. I would turn that feature off if I want to check out the difference before and after.

I get 4 hours of SOT on a 550 model easily. I can never get this much SOT on the Nexus 4 or the Moto X (2013).

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea it's WiFi, I get 4 - 5 hours sot after turning off Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi scanning. I have unlimited data so I don't need Wi-Fi

Hopefully Asus will update it to 5.1 soon

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I know the Wi-Fi scanning is not the issue on my phone because it's always one of the first things I turn off when I get a phone. I just checked to make sure it hadn't gotten turned back on and it's still off.

But I'm hoping my cold reboot and cache clearing helped. Too early to tell but so far it's fairing better since I did that. I'll update tomorrow when I have more data.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This was my 2nd drain. My house causes mors drain due to a weak signal. Around town it seems to be better.

Attachments

• 1433056492278.jpg
    1433056492278.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 30

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
This was my 2nd drain. My house causes mors drain due to a weak signal. Around town it seems to be better.

That's pretty bad. I'm still disappointed with mine. It did improve from yesterday after the boot and cache clear but still not good. I'm getting half the battery life of my Note 3 with the same setup and settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay