Asus PC Link

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Since I know a lot of people automatically dismiss any pre-installed app as useless, just thought I'd let you know about PC Link in case you wanted to try it. It's pre-installed on the Zenfone 2 and you can download the PC app on your computer. I believe it's only compatible with Windows OS. Then you can use the computer's mouse and keyboard to control the Zenfone 2. You can connect via USB or Wifi. I tried both and connected with no problems on either side. You can choose to keep your phone screen on or have it turned off when connected (this is in settings on the PC app).

You can watch (non-DRM) movies from your phone on your computer, listen to music, play games, type emails and texts, use the browser, etc. It basically mirrors your phone onto your computer screen, except for protected content, as expected. You can also drag files from your computer onto your phone this way. It's a one-way control. You cannot, for instance, use your phone screen to control your computer with this app or drag files from the phone to computer. If you're familiar with Samsung SideSync, it's basically a one-way version of that app (SideSync allows two-way transfer between devices).

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You can also choose to get your notifications on your PC. So if you're at work and want to keep your phone screen off, you can just connect it and allow notifications and you will get your email, texts, etc notifications pop up on your computer so you don't have to check your phone. You can also use the app without allowing notifications on your PC if you don't want them.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I forgot another cool feature. You can record your screen and it saves it as an mp4. You can also take screenshots, but I thought the screen recording was a nice addition.

VivekDixit

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
You can transfer the files from phone to PC also. Just go to file manager in phone screen window, select the file you want to transfer, click three dots menu, select share & select pc link. confirmation popup window will open, select OK & file will be transferred to PC. Default path is C:\my documents\PC Link folder. You can change this default path of your choice in PC link settings, in general tab under storage location. PC link setting can be accessed from top of the Phone screen window or right clicking on PC link notification Icon in the bottom right side task bar notification panel near windows clock.

PC link is really a cool feature from ASUS. It's pre-installed on all the Asus phones. When you are working on PC or Laptop, no need to touch the phone, while you are connected thru PC link. You can also make calls using blue tooth head set or wired headset too.

Only draw back is that, while you are connected via wifi, the battery drains very fast. So connect with usb cable, so that charging is also on, need not to worry about battery discharging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech