ASUS Zenfone 2 Call forward, why do I keep getting an error message?

android-dliu

May 30, 2015
Visit site
ASUS Zenfone 2 Call forward

When using ASUS Zenfone 2 Call forward function, it always displays a "error - connection problem ", but it does the forwarding, taking almost 1 minute.

And after cancel the forwarding, it does the cancel ok but the message still indicate forwarded.

Anyone have this problem ?

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: ASUS Zenfone 2 Call forward

Is there any type of screen protector attached to the device? Have you tried updating firmware to latest version and performing a factory data reset?

Sincerely
ASUS_USA

android-dliu

May 30, 2015
Visit site

I updated firmware every time available but not been factory data reset, I have a very thin and standard screen protector.
My wife uses the same phone, it has the same problem.

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Please note a screen protector with no hole on proximity sensor position may lead to a malfunction of this sensor. Please try removing and confirm if problem still exists. We recommend to use genuine screen protector sold by ASUS.

Sincerely,
ASUS__USA

android-dliu

May 30, 2015
Visit site

Have clear the protector and problem still exists. In fact now it takes a number of times to get in the "Call Forward" function, keep getting the "Network or SIM card Error". My wife also has this problem, she uses zenfone 2 also and uses a different mobile network.

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Are you getting the "Network or SIM card Error" only in the "Call Forward" function? Are you able to make outbound and receive inbound calls without using Call Forward function? Have you tested with both SIM slots?

Sincerely,
ASUS_USA

Last edited:

android-dliu

May 30, 2015
Visit site

Yes, only "call forward" has problem, no, just tried SIM2, same.

I found it more intermittent now, 50/50 of time I have the error, but the forwarded number always stays there although I have actually cancelled, and it actually have cancelled.

Last edited: