Gallery app crashes - photo ruined on set contact photo

AndreaGot

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I just bought my girlfriend a Zenfone 2 500ML, and I have to say I am really impressed about it.
There are only a couple minor issues that i would like to know if they are a known problem or not (it has a preinstalled Lollipop firmware)

1) I was tidying up contacts, and I ewanted to put a picture in one of them. Clicking on the personal image asks me to choose between Google Photos (that I activated) or the Gallery app. Choosing Gallery shows me all photos, but when I select one it crashes with no apparent reason. I am forced to use Google Photos.

2) When I select a photo through Google Photos, the photo editing app appears.App itself is ok, but the image is "damaged", because it has purple dots all over the photo (like in this sample) image.jpg.
If I move the photo, dots change place, so I think it is all related to a software bug on image resizing maybe, or thumbnail creation. However, once I accept my changes, photo is set correctly to the contact, and it is perfect with no issues. The only small problem is in contact thumbnail that seems damaged, but the photo itself is intact.

If i try to set it as lockscreen, or send it on Whatsapp, it works like a charm, even if i apply filters of any kind.

I would like to know if someone had this problem, and mainly know if it is purely a software bug (so i will wait for an update) or there is something more serious.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I see that as well. Give Asus feedback about it--hopefully they'll fix it in an upcoming update.

AndreaGot

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Do you have even the issue with Gallery?

However, did you notice other glitches like this? I don't think it is worth sending it to ASUS support, because it is probably a software issue.. Do you agree?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My Gallery app actually works fine, and I can do the kind of minimal editing that the Gallery app allows. But the Photos editing gives more options, and that's where the image corruption occurs.

I think it's definitely worth reporting, because this seems specific to the Zenfone 2. That kind of corruption certainly doesn't occur on my Nexus 5.

AndreaGot

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I will sure report it.
I am not so sure about sending it to assistance (like other users wrote on other posts like this), because I think they would probably only wipe it and send it back to me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12