Zenfone 2 16gb or 32gb, will the 16gb be enough space?

mishyman

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
zenfone 2 16gb or 32gb

is the 16gb model worth it? or should i get the 32gb model? and the 32gb model comes with 4gb ram and 1.8ghz cpu

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: zenfone 2 16gb or 32gb

Welcome to Android Central! Always get the most internal storage that you can afford. On my Zenfone 2 with 64 GB, a full 10 GB is taken up by the system and preinstalled ASUS apps. On a 16 GB phone, it's probably more like 6-8 GB taken up, so you'd only have around 8 GB of space available to you. If you like installing lots of apps, or really big apps (like some games), you can run out of internal storage pretty quickly. There's an SD slot, but remember that you can only move a portion of an app to the SD, so it's not a complete solution for expanding memory. So my vote would be for the 32 GB version over the 16 GB one.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

If you can afford the extra money for the 4GB variant, go for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

If you can afford the extra money for the 4GB variant, go for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Is it worth that $100?? I mean in couple of videos, the 2GB ram version & the 4GB version worked pretty much the same when it comes to daily tasks.
So is the 4GB ram version really faster than 2GB one??

mishyman

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Is it worth that $100?? I mean in couple of videos, the 2GB ram version & the 4GB version worked pretty much the same when it comes to daily tasks.

i seen some videos that the 2gb version having no problems at all like it was catching up to the 4gb with out any problems

mishyman

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

i saw the 2gb was catching up to the 4gb with out any problems it might have be slower but it fast enough

kalexan9

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Dude, just get the 16GB and be done with it. It sounds like you don't want to shell out the extra $100 for the 64GB. First, yes, it's faster. I had the 16GB with 2 gigs of ram and returned it for the 64GB with 4 gigs of ram. For basic tasks and web browsing, you will not notice a difference. So why did I upgrade you may ask? Because I could easily afford it, and so I wouldn't have this nagging feeling that I should have gotten the upgraded version. Also, ALL android devices eventually slow down over time, and web browsing gets sluggish as the device starts approaching its storage and memory limits, and 4 gigs of ram should eliminate that. And finally, besides more memory, storage, and a quick charger, I got the upgraded version for re-sell purposes later down the line. So in a nutshell the 64GB variant of the ZF2 doesn't shoot lasers or turn into a Lightsabre which would make it an absolute steal for the extra $100, but if the reasons mentioned above are worth an extra $100 TO YOU (they were to me), get it. If not, get the 16GB variant. It's just that simple.

Albert Tan888

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site

Dude, just get the 16GB and be done with it. It sounds like you don't want to shell out the extra $100 for the 64GB. First, yes, it's faster. I had the 16GB with 2 gigs of ram and returned it for the 64GB with 4 gigs of ram. For basic tasks and web browsing, you will not notice a difference. So why did I upgrade you may ask? Because I could easily afford it, and so I wouldn't have this nagging feeling that I should have gotten the upgraded version. Also, ALL android devices eventually slow down over time, and web browsing gets sluggish as the device starts approaching its storage and memory limits, and 4 gigs of ram should eliminate that. And finally, besides more memory, storage, and a quick charger, I got the upgraded version for re-sell purposes later down the line. So in a nutshell the 64GB variant of the ZF2 doesn't shoot lasers or turn into a Lightsabre which would make it an absolute steal for the extra $100, but if the reasons mentioned above are worth an extra $100 TO YOU (they were to me), get it. If not, get the 16GB variant. It's just that simple.

Totally agree. If ur not the heavy user and ur on a budget then go halfway, 2.3ghz, 4gb ram and 32gb internal storage. Thats what i have. Not that i cant afford the 64gb but 32gb was the only available biggest internal memory when it was released day 1 in our country and up to now the 64gb is on limited stock. But all in all no regrets worth every cent though wishing i could have the 64 or maybe if they would release a 128gb in the future then id still buy it in a heartbeat.

Just my two cents...

Posted via the Android Central App - ASUS Zenfone 2 Z551ML

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

Bought the 16 gig 2GB 1.83ghz ZenF2 recently.

I watch movies, shoot video and take pictures, listen to music, text, surf the web, scan receipts, keep lists and personal records, on and on with no trouble what-so-ever...
Sometimes I make or receive calls also (nice forgotten feature of these devices) :)

However I do spend a bit of time moving downloads and apps to the SD card which does help with device memory for overhead.
That being said I have been thinking of trading off my 16 gig ZF2 for the high spec'd 64 gig version.

Knowing what I know now I should have spent the extra $100.00 bucks.

Miongdroid

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Bought the 16 gig 2GB 1.83ghz ZenF2 recently.

I watch movies, shoot video and take pictures, listen to music, text, surf the web, scan receipts, keep lists and personal records, on and on with no trouble what-so-ever...
Sometimes I make or receive calls also (nice forgotten feature of these devices) :)

However I do spend a bit of time moving downloads and apps to the SD card which does help with device memory for overhead.
That being said I have been thinking of trading off my 16 gig ZF2 for the high spec'd 64 gig version.

Knowing what I know now I should have spent the extra $100.00 bucks.

Been thinking about buying the 16gig version. How much storage space is free out of the box?

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
How much storage space is free out of the box?

I believe about 9-10 gig initially.
Don't have tons of apps installed and I stay at 7 gig or so internally with a uSD in the phone.
Been moving the apps I can to the external card when possible.

My ZF2 is running very well to date.
Still happy here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown