How are the 15 original chosen members and 15 contest winners liking their Zens?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It is a cool little phone but I still like my Note better.

I wish it were compatible with Verizon. Not crazy about T-Mobile.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Right now it's the only phone I have. I love the performance. The only things I'm not super crazy about I knew from the get go. The camera is meh and the screen is meh if I'm using it in direct sunlight. I'm not having the reported battery issues that others seem to be experiencing and I'm absolutely enamored with quick charging.

Those are important features to be sure, but there was an article that AC posted about everything being compromise. The phone is the thickest phone I've used in a while, but the round back is really nice, so I don't mind it at all. The camera is average, but I'm pretty quick with Snapseed, and because of the power of the device, Snapseed and all my other apps are rapid fire. The screen is a drawback, too, but I love my apps, offline music, pictures, videos, and documents, so having 64GB (with a 64GB card) is super-duper. I don't ever have to worry about space.

All-in-all, I'm really enjoying the Zenfone 2 - a lot.

Sidebar - it's making me rely more on my DSLR if I know I'm going to want good pictures, but that's why I paid to have that device, and it's forcing me to take better pictures than I would with any phone.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I just use it as a back up phone number for my business now. I have a pay-as-you-go voice-only SIM in it - no data - and the only reason I've been using it for that is to be able to continue to help people on this forum since I received it for free. I would not be using it at all otherwise. I guess it depends what you're used to (and possibly I got a particularly bad phone) but I can't stand looking at the screen - worst display of any touchscreen phone I've ever seen by far - and the battery life kills the possibility of actually using it as anything more than a backup anyway. Glad there are other people who like it but I couldn't tolerate it myself if I wasn't trying to return the favor to AC of receiving it.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
That.... that, just can't be true.

It absolutely is. I'm not exaggerating even a little. That's why I said I'm open to the possibility I got a bad phone, but it is just horrible. Can't stand to look at it. Would have sent it back immediately if I bought it.

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Right now it's the only phone I have. I love the performance. The only things I'm not super crazy about I knew from the get go. The camera is meh and the screen is meh if I'm using it in direct sunlight. I'm not having the reported battery issues that others seem to be experiencing and I'm absolutely enamored with quick charging.

Those are important features to be sure, but there was an article that AC posted about everything being compromise. The phone is the thickest phone I've used in a while, but the round back is really nice, so I don't mind it at all. The camera is average, but I'm pretty quick with Snapseed, and because of the power of the device, Snapseed and all my other apps are rapid fire. The screen is a drawback, too, but I love my apps, offline music, pictures, videos, and documents, so having 64GB (with a 64GB card) is super-duper. I don't ever have to worry about space.

All-in-all, I'm really enjoying the Zenfone 2 - a lot.

Sidebar - it's making me rely more on my DSLR if I know I'm going to want good pictures, but that's why I paid to have that device, and it's forcing me to take better pictures than I would with any phone.

Well I agree with u but I don't think that most smartphones can compete with DSLRs especially the one with $299 price tag.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just use it as a back up phone number for my business now. I have a pay-as-you-go voice-only SIM in it - no data - and the only reason I've been using it for that is to be able to continue to help people on this forum since I received it for free. I would not be using it at all otherwise. I guess it depends what you're used to (and possibly I got a particularly bad phone) but I can't stand looking at the screen - worst display of any touchscreen phone I've ever seen by far - and the battery life kills the possibility of actually using it as anything more than a backup anyway. Glad there are other people who like it but I couldn't tolerate it myself if I wasn't trying to return the favor to AC of receiving it.

You have represented your end of the deal very well. You do not need to hold on to it if you dislike the device IMO. Sell or give it to someone else and give them an opportunity to own it. I plan to sell or give mine away since I usually swap phones out a lot. First up to sell is my Nexus 6 then probably my ZF2 later this year.

I am using an S6 active right now that I bought last week as my daily driver.

Posted via my S6 Active!

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Overall I like the device, it's my daily driver. Though if i had a little more money on hand i may have moved on to another device. I swap phone frequently so that isnt a condemation of the device. Performance is great, screen is great for my mostly indoor usage, outdoor isn't ideal. Battery life is great in my experience and i love the dual sim feature. Sound and camera are admittedly the weak points.

Camera is the weakness I find it the most hard to get past, any time I go back to a phone without OIS I'm unhappy with the camera. closely followed by sound.

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Right now my ZF2 is currently my back up to my G4. I've really liked my experience with the ZF2 and will be switching it out with the G4 just to change things up. Its my first 4gb ram and 64gb int device I've owned and its been handling everything I throw at it beautifully. Only thing that I dislike its the thin and tinny sounding speaker. The G4's speaker is beefy in comparison. I also think the display isn't as bad as JPR's. Its not QHD but still a nice 1080p display. He may of gotten a dud....who knows, lol!

Josh Exmoor

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm loving my ZF2 with one exception which I'll touch upon at the end.

Screen is nice. It seems somewhat dim in full summer summer daylight, but anywhere else its fine. Things have improved since I installed a glass screen protector. The plastic one I'd used originally reflected light a lot more. 1080P is plenty for a phone. The pixels race was great when we were using qHD screens, but things have gotten ridiculous on the top end, in my opinion.

The phone itself is fast, responsive, etc. Zero complaints in this area. Apps rarely fall out of memory with 4GB to work with.

The camera is decent. Nothing earth shattering, but for what I use it for it works. Video quality is sub-par, but compared to other phones in this price range (assuming the 16GB model behaves the same) it's still better than average.

There have been a few bugs I've run into. I don't get audio notifications over bluetooth when I'm listening to music or podcasts. Something went weird with my widgets as well and now clicking on things inside widgets (say an email in the gmail widget) eventually crashes the launcher.

My only really significant complaint has been battery life. It's not great. I could probably make it through a full day of medium use on most days, but drainage is a significant problem. Fortunately quick charging lives up to its name. I typically charge on my 45 minute commute home and have 90+% when I get home. On days where I'm not spending time next to a charger, however, things can be a bit painful. Going full time with dual sims is pretty difficult since it shortens battery life even more. This had been my initial plan, but I gave it up and went to carrying two phones again most of the time.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My ZF2 is my daily phone has been since I got it, though I have played with a couple phone ultimately they all went back once I compared the price point of a ZF2 4GB/64GB config for $289 OTD (yes I got it for free) but it does quite well against the other heavy hitters that I have to sa QHD is nice, but do I need it, SD or Exynos is nice but do I see a difference. Other than a quirk in my proximity sensor during a call (could be the screen protector or not) the phone has done its job well. I can't expect to have a GS6 level camera for the price point, and yet the GS6 is priced too high.

Samsung needs to go stock Android, their add-ons can be just that add-on's, it would allow them to support and update devices faster and help them stand out more. Refusing carrier bloat is another critical issue and one reason Motorola chose to forgo Carrier involvement this time. The AT&T update to Lollipop was screwed up by AT&T's useless contacts app that I do not need, want or would ever use. I have Google hold my contacts not my carrier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon