Background data is enabled still it is showing background data is disabled, why?

A

AC Question

Background data is enabled still it is showing background data is disabled

Hey I just purchase the Asus Zenfone 2 and when I open the play store it shows to enable background data. Actually I had already enabled it still it is giving the same problem.What do I do?Please give me a simple and quick suggestion.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Background data is enabled still it is showing background data is disabled

There are two different places where you have to check if background data is enabled, both in your data usage settings. In the overflow menu for all the apps and after you tap on Play Store in that data usage list. Also you can clear cache for Play Store in your settings - apps and reboot your phone after all that. See if that helps.

Danydin

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
The error message in question could be generated when you are not connected to wifi and google-play (or any other app that generates this error) is blocked in the device settings from using cellular-data.
Imho, if your cellular-plan gives you limited data-usage, it is a good idea to block as many apps as possible from using cell-data, thus allowing them to use data only when connected to wifi.
To toggle an app right to use cell-data, go to Settings > Data Usage > find the app in question, in this case Google Play Store, and set the toggle "restrict app background data" on cellular networks

Last edited:

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
One thing to be careful of though is if using an app restricted and wifi goes down it can start using your data. This happens to me using google play music. We have wifi at the gym but it doesn't work in changing rooms. When I use play music and then go into the change room and don't turn of the app it continues but uses my data. I noticed this a while back when I found I used 10mb of data one day when I knew I should have used none. I monitor this as I only buy 100mb a month. One nice thing is the phone shows just what app uses data and how much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12