Screen doesn't wake during a call, proximity sensor issue or glass screen protector issue.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok this has been bugging me for a while and I am not sure if its the glass screen protector or a setting I can't find. but when ever I am on a call and I bring the phone away from my face so I can use the keypad or something the screen does not come back on, the proximity sensor is just not responding. Sometimes I have to hit the power button 4-5 times to get it to turn on.

Anyone else having this issue?

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like a device hardware issue.
I have a glass protector on my ZF2 and haven't seen any problem like this at all.

Best of luck there...

Last edited:

RG26

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Friend,
Firstly Do not panic. Its the issue with screen guard, which surely is blocking your proximity sensor (which is on the left side of the grill on the top). One of my friend too had this issue, which was resolved after changing the screen guard.

The simple way to check is, remove your screen guard and try out...I am sure it would work and your screen would start to respond the way you wanted to.
Later, if it fixes the problem, then use the screen guard which does not block upper most area including left side proximity sensor, grill and front camera which is on the right. If you don't find such screen guard, just cut down left portion of any suitable screen guard and apply it.

n....Enjoy ur Zenfone 2 :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My screen protector has a cutout on the left side of the speaker so the proximity sensor shouldn't be blocked. I will likely order a new one and test it out but I suspect it may be a bad sensor.

Moiz Vohra

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Ok this has been bugging me for a while and I am not sure if its the glass screen protector or a setting I can't find. but when ever I am on a call and I bring the phone away from my face so I can use the keypad or something the screen does not come back on, the proximity sensor is just not responding. Sometimes I have to hit the power button 4-5 times to get it to turn on.

Anyone else having this issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey