The phone has two problems
1.it drains the battery very fast
2.it gets heated up

I also wanted to know is there going to be any fix for it

Himan Karlis

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: should I buy asus zenfone 2 or not

I am using asus zenfone 2 and everyone who are using the set are having the same problem

The battery gets drain faster and the phone gets heated up while browsing or seeing videos
Plz give me a solution about it

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site

The phone has two problems
1.it drains the battery very fast
2.it gets heated up

I also wanted to know is there going to be any fix for it
Are we talking about the 4g ram version cos I have been using mine for sometime and no heating problem or battery.
I get 5hrs on screen and easily a full day of heavy use....2 to 2.5 days light use.
Have absolutely no issues, it's fast lag free best phone and that is in comparison to note 4 plus other high end phones.
One can't go wrong with this phone.
Also since I rooted and did some adjustments it's even better.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Plummerdc88

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

I have two Zenfone's in my house, the 2GB variant is for my gf and i am using the 4gb version. Neither of us have experienced any issues. The battery is not the greatest but to be honest i find it doesn't drain any more or less than any other phone I have used. Overall I have to say i am very impressed with the Zenfone 2. My only beef was the bloatware but it is easy to uninstall much of the crap and hiding the rest is built right into the ZenUI. Never really been loyal to a particular android device manufacturer but I after using the Zenfone 2 i am taking Asus seriously. Look forward to seeing what future phones they will release.

SharkyNY

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Have the 2GB version and I can say that I also haven't had any battery drain problems and no heating problems. Things that would cause my Nexus 4 or M9 to heat up take much longer to do so on the ZenFone 2.

Himan Karlis

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

I have one the 2 th variant
It looked power very quickly and gets heated while playing games and surfing

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Okay-I'm going to piggyback here rather than start a new thread. My concern is battery issue using both sims. So to echo the OP: 1. battery life-honest assessment, especially with TWO active lines.
I switched from Note 3 as my main phone to a Windows Phone due to battery life being a priority, but ultimately I'd like to combine to one phone if I can as I have two lines that I am now using. How often are people charging-how much is left at end of day? (I realize this is based on personal usage, but compared with your past phones for example)
I'm not happy with the voice mail view on the Note 3-without manually checking-I barely even realized that I had missed a call. So 2. Does the ZenUI offer a voicemail inbox indicator that is any better than the visual voicemail that I downloaded for my Note? It's not that prominent. Maybe there is a 3rd party app I could be using-if so-feel free to say that would be the case with a Zenfone2. My Windows Phone is fine-I have a standby screen that shows me right away that I have missed calls-it works for me. Mind you, I am prepared to go sole Android if the Zenfone 2 can meet my profile, but the battery is what matters. I only need the phone and SMS and not even the data part, so being consigned to like what is it 2G speeds there is fine as I won't ever use SIM 2 for data.
3. If you are on wifi looking something up like at home for example-is it true that your SMS might not be received?

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Okay-I'm going to piggyback here rather than start a new thread. My concern is battery issue using both sims. So to echo the OP: 1. battery life-honest assessment, especially with TWO active lines.
I switched from Note 3 as my main phone to a Windows Phone due to battery life being a priority, but ultimately I'd like to combine to one phone if I can as I have two lines that I am now using. How often are people charging-how much is left at end of day? (I realize this is based on personal usage, but compared with your past phones for example)
I'm not happy with the voice mail view on the Note 3-without manually checking-I barely even realized that I had missed a call. So 2. Does the ZenUI offer a voicemail inbox indicator that is any better than the visual voicemail that I downloaded for my Note? It's not that prominent. Maybe there is a 3rd party app I could be using-if so-feel free to say that would be the case with a Zenfone2. My Windows Phone is fine-I have a standby screen that shows me right away that I have missed calls-it works for me. Mind you, I am prepared to go sole Android if the Zenfone 2 can meet my profile, but the battery is what matters. I only need the phone and SMS and not even the data part, so being consigned to like what is it 2G speeds there is fine as I won't ever use SIM 2 for data.
3. If you are on wifi looking something up like at home for example-is it true that your SMS might not be received?
Can't say much about using 2 Sims but it would definitely have some effect on battery running both lines.
As for sms notification I have never missed one and the only way u know u have one is with the little light notification plus sound.
For what ur asking like ur Nokia one would have to use a moto x with quick screen glimpse otherwise it's just like any other android, one good benefit to zen 2, 4g ram is its ability to fast charge the phone from 5% to 60% in like 30 to 40 min full charge about an hr I find.

Also I find it has awesome reception 📶 way better than my note 4 or Sony M4 or iPhone at least with my provider.

Honestly it's hard to find a better phone at this price.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Okay cool! Fair enough! That's good feedback! One thing I forgot to add. I don't hear callers as well on the Note 3 as I do on my Lumia. I hope the Zenfone 2 is okay. I agree the 4GB RAM rapid charge would make for things during my work day at least a non issue.
Thanks-will look forward to hearing continued thoughts to owners here.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Okay cool! Fair enough! That's good feedback! One thing I forgot to add. I don't hear callers as well on the Note 3 as I do on my Lumia. I hope the Zenfone 2 is okay. I agree the 4GB RAM rapid charge would make for things during my work day at least a non issue.
Thanks-will look forward to hearing continued thoughts to owners here.
Calling and talking is really good no problem at all also find it not as tini as Samsung it's clear and the 4g ram is just amazing I mean there is absolutely no lag it just works...I can't see me using anything with less ram and its way faster in multitasking than Note 4.

I have also rooted mine with the one click root did some little adjustments and its even better.
The only other phone I would like to try and get would be the one plus two and see how it comper.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site

Also if u get one, use a slow charger over night and fast if needed.
Reason is I find it will save the battery life over time since fast charging heats up battery a bit I use my Sony charger overnight.
Plus the stock UI let's u use any icon pack from play store so no need for other launchers.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Calling and talking is really good no problem at all also find it not as tini as Samsung it's clear and the 4g ram is just amazing I mean there is absolutely no lag it just works...I can't see me using anything with less ram and its way faster in multitasking than Note 4.

I have also rooted mine with the one click root did some little adjustments and its even better.
The only other phone I would like to try and get would be the one plus two and see how it comper.

Great. thanks!. I have noticed a difference in call volume between my two phones so don't want any issue there. multi-tasking. faster the better is my motto! Size is no issue. I have a 6 inch Lumia with a case which is obviously bigger than the ZF2! I prefer the larger screen actually. I'll be downsizing there if I do go this route but it will just have to be a compromise.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site

Also if u get one, use a slow charger over night and fast if needed.
Reason is I find it will save the battery life over time since fast charging heats up battery a bit I use my Sony charger overnight.
Plus the stock UI let's u use any icon pack from play store so no need for other launchers.

wow thanks too for this tip. I have a ton of chargers now that I can use and in fact I never use the original chargers for either of my current phones and they both do fine. But I agree a regular overnight charge is best.

wrbird

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

There are some very good comments here. I needed a phone with max RAM because I do a lot of multi-tasking between apps and found my 2gb phone kept closing apps that I needed. This really shouldn't be a problem with Android being able to handle memory correctly, but when an app isn't written well, they'll crash when Android closes them and I get a crash error. Having this problem all the time working between apps is just a pain. And at the same time I can't afford the $600-$800 phones that have more RAM. For some strange reason I wanted to see if anyone made a 4gb phone so I googled it and found this phone. I was absolutely shocked to find one with 4gb RAM and 64gb storage for only $300 on Amazon. This is unheard of and I didn't hesitate to buy it at that price. I even read the reviews, 4.5 stars with 800+ reviews, wow! This phone also comes with the MicroSD slot capable for a 64gb card, although I've read people have even used a 128gb card successfully.

My two cons, but only personal cons. The phone is too large for me. I like smaller phones that I can easily carry on my side and fit in one hand. My Samsung Galaxy Avant is the perfect size and I would go with the iPhone 5S if I had the money and wasn't already an android fan. But there's not a small phone on the market with this type of horsepower and at this price level. I seriously looked at the Sony Xperia Z3 compact, but decided against it due to cost and Sony just doesn't seem to be hanging into the cellphone market.

The second con is the embedded battery. I swore I'd never buy a phone with a non-removable battery. I'm the type who doesn't replace his electronic devises every two years, and I can't see sending it in for replacement, what a gimmick. However, I needed more RAM and at this price I couldn't turn it down.

I cannot validate the complaints of battery heat and poor battery life. There's some heat from the battery and the battery doesn't last all day long, but that's because I'm a very heavy user. Nothing worse than any other phones I've had.

Overall, I completely recommend this phone, the 4gb model. If Asus keeps this quality up at this price point, they're going to do some serious damage to the other high-priced phone manufacturers.

Posted via the Android Central App

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

No heat issues here, only time it gets toasty is while quick charging. People overreact to heat they feel the phone warm up a little bit and jump on the overheating train, when it's just normal smartphone tempetures. The battery is average in my experience I get about 4 hours on screen and the device lasts me a full day so I can't complain. My biggest complaint is the camera which is mediocre at best.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I have the 4GB/64GB version and it doesn't drain the battery fast, and doesn't get hot. It really depends on which model since there are numerous versions of the ZF2. Amazon offers the higher end model I mentioned for less than $300 OTD, try it, if you don't like it send it back and get a refund.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci