Asus ZenFone 2 Asus ZenFone2 Wi-Fi connection issue with SIM card

Rowe Tampus

May 7, 2015
Visit site
So I recently came back from Philippines. I bought my Asus there and my Wi-Fi and Cellular network were fine. Until I came back to Korea I inserted my Korean SIM card and after that my Wi-Fi drops. You see the problem here is that when i put my
Wi-Fi on I can't connect to data and whenever I turn off and on my Wi-Fi I can't connect to it anymore, however I can connect to my data.

I have tried contacting Asus support, but all of their suggestions does not help me. I have tried rebooting, factory reset a bunch of times, experimenting the sim card a bit. Even bought a new SIM card! And still NOTHING! a bit frustrating and sad. If anyone is facing this issue or have any answer to this problem please don't hesitate to help. THANK YOU!

Posted via the Android Central App

Albert Tan888

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
So I recently came back from Philippines. I bought my Asus there and my Wi-Fi and Cellular network were fine. Until I came back to Korea I inserted my Korean SIM card and after that my Wi-Fi drops. You see the problem here is that when i put my
Wi-Fi on I can't connect to data and whenever I turn off and on my Wi-Fi I can't connect to it anymore, however I can connect to my data.

I have tried contacting Asus support, but all of their suggestions does not help me. I have tried rebooting, factory reset a bunch of times, experimenting the sim card a bit. Even bought a new SIM card! And still NOTHING! a bit frustrating and sad. If anyone is facing this issue or have any answer to this problem please don't hesitate to help. THANK YOU!

R u familiar with tcp/of settings? I presume you are using dhcp mode which is factory default. Try using static and assign a fixed ip on ur zf2 that is within range of your routers dhcp ip range setting.

Rowe Tampus

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I dunno if that might solve the case but whenever turn my Wi-Fi on with the sim card on my phone there's nothing to connect to or sometimes its just says "saved" and I can't connect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz