[hot] finally asus confirms android m on zf2 variants

Albert Tan888

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Finally!!!!!! A confirmation from zentalk forum on their official announcement board. Android M is coming to zf2 and it's variants. For complete list go to the link provided below.

Link : Android 6.0 Marshmallow plan for ASUS Smartphones-Hot News

2603fif.jpg

21n1a2x.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yaaaassss!!! I wonder if it will correct the high Android OS battery usage issue, although I doubt it.

Albert Tan888

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
This just came in, *Android m possibility of a 64 bit version on our Zenny's basing on a asus mod reply to a zentalk member on zf5 section of zentalk forum.*

2441hfr.jpg

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't quite understand what they're saying. Are they talking about the previous Zenfones, like the 4, 5, and 6? Or are they talking about the initial Zenfone 2's?

Albert Tan888

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't quite understand what they're saying. Are they talking about the previous Zenfones, like the 4, 5, and 6? Or are they talking about the initial Zenfone 2's?

1st generation ZenFone Bro like Zf c, 4,5 and 6 will not be receiving android m. As to the second generation series ZE500CL and Zenfone Go still hangs on the balance as there is no word from Asus yet.

The rest of the zf2 variants are safe and will get android m.

As to the Asus moderators reply to a zentalk member, he is explaining that 1st Gen are not capable of 64bit os. Judging from his chosen words of explanation, Asus possibly might be developing a 64bit version of Android M which isn't suitable for the first get.